• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Out and about today. It’s still warm, but the Cossack is comfortable.
8CCCAA24-6218-4F16-9AD9-EA90AFF2A1C4.jpeg

Lord Flashheart

Well ordinarily I wouldn't have accepted such a base receptacle but the festival is at a community pub meaning that people in the village itself have shares in the place and are renovating and manning the place on a voluntary basis, with this in mind I am prepared to tolerate the 'glass'.The pub dates back to the 15th century but for one reason or another had suffered a decade of closure until deemed as a community asset by the powers that be who loaned residents the money to purchase the establishment. Six years later that loan has now been repaid and the place is indeed a thriving village asset and one that I feel sure Phil, aka Lord Flashheart and also local resident, will be familiar with.
Normally that's a winter haunt for me Steve in breeks and check shirt but it's a cautionary tale of greedy pubco's with a happy outcome. Their selection of beers and ales is worth tolerating a plastic flagon for. I thought Base Receptacle were playing Glastonbury though ... maybe I'm wrong ...;)

Spitfireace

That's the real Monarch 1941, Depot re-dye. Depot wrist knits otherwise original. I have to say I patched it myself. Not to deceive anyone, but when it was redyed in theater, the original patches were taken off, leaving area of where the original patch was. I found out who the pilot was by his name an SN stamped in the liner. I've replicated the patches as closely as I could. Would never want to fake it. Had to cover the area. Since I didn't know if an original patch would come around, or if it would fit anyway. Earlier felt patches were hand stitched. So I did it myself. Over about a year of work. Matches exactly on the inside.