• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Brettafett

This is probably my favourite A-2. I call it my Godfrey A-2 :cool: Fits perfect...
BKRW2338042 1.jpg
BKRW2338042 2.jpg

taikonaut

Watching this movie on C4 "The WAr Lover" from 1962, looks like real A2 with Steve McQueen wearing one one hours into the movie. Any idea of the maker?

CBI

100+ heat index - no sign of a jacket for quite some time

even these are just try ons

love this 7th AAF Joe DiMaggio baseball jersey from Bronson. I own a handful of Ebbets Field Flannels jerseys which are more authentic in regards materials but this Bronson linen/cotton is more versatile and strangely looks more "vintage" out of the bag than EFF. In order to get Bronson free shipping for the 7th AAF, I purchased this fun AVG sweater. its actually very heavyweight and will be a fun wearer when temps come down.
IMG_1272.jpeg
IMG_1259.jpeg
IMG_1247.jpeg

B-Man2

Well…, the heat is still cramping our style and jackets are out for a while … so once again let’s do some “Throw Back Wednesday “ posts :)
Here’s some photos from cooler times of my Original 1939 Warings Battle of Britain jacket . Show us some of your prior posts.
Cheers
E60159A8-4BF1-45BA-9D15-5A7D4A750541.png
FA7A017D-92CA-4A4C-9657-CD0A5DA4A61D.jpeg
3BEF1502-5F2B-4F27-8C74-200929A96A78.jpeg

Last edited:

Chandler

In order to get Bronson free shipping for the 7th AAF, I purchased this fun AVG sweater. its actually very heavyweight and will be a fun wearer when temps come down. View attachment 80091View attachment 80092
Someone should tell them they're using the 23rd FG tiger, not the AVG (Disney) tiger.

Buried somewhere, I have the AVG T-shirt the Cockpit sold back in the 80s and 90s -- actually has a good reproduction of the blood chit on the back. Sort of surprised no one ever asked about it when I wore it.

B-Man2

Someone should tell them they're using the 23rd FG tiger, not the AVG (Disney) tiger.

Buried somewhere, I have the AVG T-shirt the Cockpit sold back in the 80s and 90s -- actually has a good reproduction of the blood chit on the back. Sort of surprised no one ever asked about it when I wore it.
If you happen to come across it sometime, please post some photos of it . It sounds pretty cool .

CBI

yeh, the AVG tiger and 23rd FG Tiger tend to get used as if both are the same. In any case, I was/am fine with it. its a modern take sweater anyway with the screening on the sleeve.

Chandler

yeh, the AVG tiger and 23rd FG Tiger tend to get used as if both are the same. In any case, I was/am fine with it. its a modern take sweater anyway with the screening on the sleeve.
Always liked that AVG initial with the sun logo.

Chandler

If you happen to come across it sometime, please post some photos of it . It sounds pretty cool .
I'm half-heartedly trying to clear out my storage unit, bound to find it.

Wish I could remember what was on the front. I think it was the Disney tiger with some script on the upper left chest.

Did a web search, but couldn't find anyone selling it -- *too* vintage? ;)

ties70

Most likely to avoid any trouble with Disney?

Not sure, though, if licensing is really that expensive.. With the Mouse being on every crappy 5 $ t-shirt?!