• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CombatWombat

9 degrees at the moment. About to head out and go to into Seymour. It will be 9 degrees tomorrow.

I have the heater on, an A-2. When I get back I will be under the doona. Concrete accommodation is always cold....
Ahh.....I grew up in a freezing area in the Hunter Valley....so 9 degrees is cold but not sheepskin weather for me.
My "go to" for cold weather is either my G1 and possum wool beanie or the swandri "smock" I bagged off QAMR in Linton

Wz1999

Wearing my GW Doniger this morning

BE7CC8BA-8E3D-4A1A-9CA8-41AC209CE229.jpeg

B-Man2

So …. I picked up a previously owned BK RoughWear 27752, but it’s 86 F degrees here today. So to be honest, I decided to just “Fake It” in this section and post it like I it’s cool enough for a jacket here today. Unfortunately it won’t be jacket weather here until sometime next November or December. That just sucks . :confused:
3E063B75-9521-47A4-B2E6-751529A7E654.jpeg

Chandler

Yeah … I guess Chicago’s the other extreme, snow and freezing in early May. Maybe South Carolina or Georgia might be a good compromise between the two . :)
I'm used to extremes around here, but not weekly! We usually have one day of Spring, go straight into Summer for 4 months, one day of Fall, then full on Winter.

Makes A-2 and G-1 wearing sort'a difficult. ;)

B-Man2

I'm used to extremes around here, but not weekly! We usually have one day of Spring, go straight into Summer for 4 months, one day of Fall, then full on Winter.

Makes A-2 and G-1 wearing sort'a difficult. ;)
I could see where if I lived there I’d need a couple of A2’s in different sizes. For wearing with a T-shirt and layering with a sweater to accommodate some of the weather changes. Of course you’d need a sheepskin or two for the cold days and finally … an N-3b for the frostbite days and to round out the collection .

Last edited:

Chandler

I could see where if I lived there I’d need a couple of A2’s in different sizes. For wearing with a T-shirt and layering with a sweater to accommodate some of the weather changes. Of course you’d need a sheepskin or two for the cold days and finally … an N-3b for the frostbite days and to round out the collection .
I definitely use the layering method with the intermediate jackets, but I just don't feel comfortable with an A-2 and t-shirt only -- makes me feel like I should slick back my hair and pull on some engineer boots. ;)

The N-3B is my definite dead-of-winter go-to, but it would have to be as cold to wear a B-3 (which I have in the past). A B-6 would be nice, but my tanker and pea coat fill the gaps. :)

Thomas Koehle

Long time no reaction or participation from my side - been hangin` in a ditch for some weeks restoring the house - getting new rooftiles and insulation - new job - busy times ...

Found that 4 hrs slot to participate this years "Distinguished Gentleman's Ride" - initially planned to ride the PAN and dressed with breeches/jodpurs along with US Army Cavalry Boots (repops made by SM WHOLESALE), racing sweater with the brand name aso

Since the "old lady" refused to run (old Harleys ain't reliable at all) i took the newer (and much more reliable) SLIM for the spin

p2sNTrZ.jpg

aSkwhzg.jpg

"Mom! Am i'm getting fat?" - "No sweetheart - you just got heavy bones ..."

B-Man2

Long time no reaction or participation from my side - been hangin` in a ditch for some weeks restoring the house - getting new rooftiles and insulation - new job - busy times ...

Found that 4 hrs slot to participate this years "Distinguished Gentleman's Ride" - initially planned to ride the PAN and dressed with breeches/jodpurs along with US Army Cavalry Boots (repops made by SM WHOLESALE), racing sweater with the brand name aso

Since the "old lady" refused to run (old Harleys ain't reliable at all) i took the newer (and much more reliable) SLIM for the spin

p2sNTrZ.jpg

aSkwhzg.jpg

"Mom! Am i'm getting fat?" - "No sweetheart - you just got heavy bones ..."
Looks Outstanding Thomas !