• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Earloffunk

Shitty photo in the office ... Platon Dubow
9179023C-CFF6-41A3-B367-7C8FC1E6D842.jpeg

Kermit3D

If only I didn't have orangutan arms.....I'd love to get one of those French Cyclist jackets haha
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem, I have long arms too.

As B-Man2 rightly says, you'd be surprised to see that this type of jacket actually fits a lot of body types.
Only the length of the bust could be a problem (these jackets are short but the arms are of normal size).

CombatWombat

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem, I have long arms too.

As B-Man2 rightly says, you'd be surprised to see that this type of jacket actually fits a lot of body types.
Only the length of the bust could be a problem (these jackets are short but the arms are of normal size).
Well I've come across a seller on UK fleaBay that has a 60's reproduction of a black "Hartmann" with measurements that *should* have the sleeve length finish on the thumb knuckle with my arms bent (ala motorcycle position) the body length is a little bit shorter than my cafe racer jackets but it's always a trade off with vintage gear

Kermit3D

Well I've come across a seller on UK fleaBay that has a 60's reproduction of a black "Hartmann" with measurements that *should* have the sleeve length finish on the thumb knuckle with my arms bent (ala motorcycle position) the body length is a little bit shorter than my cafe racer jackets but it's always a trade off with vintage gear

Ok I didn't quite understand that it was to ride a motorcycle.
My two cyclist jackets are very restrictive. It would not be possible to ride a motorcycle or even a bicycle (the position on modern motorcycles and bicycles is much more forward than on the motorcycles/bicycles of the 30/40's) with this kind of jacket.
This is something I've said before, but the rumor that German pilots chose these jackets because they were close to the body and allowed them to feel more comfortable in the narrow cockpits of Messerschmitt is, for me, totally unfounded.
These jackets are totally restrictive and I even wonder how one could close the canopy of an aircraft with this type of jacket.

I can imagine this story: "May 1945, a German pilot has just surrendered, he gets off his plane after landing on an American airfield. A GI says to him "hands up!", the German pilot replies: "sorry, I can't..."

This is what happens when you lift your arm with a cyclist jacket :D :

DSC_0434.jpg

CombatWombat

Ok I didn't quite understand that it was to ride a motorcycle.
My two cyclist jackets are very restrictive. It would not be possible to ride a motorcycle or even a bicycle (the position on modern motorcycles and bicycles is much more forward than on the motorcycles/bicycles of the 30/40's) with this kind of jacket.
This is something I've said before, but the rumor that German pilots chose these jackets because they were close to the body and allowed them to feel more comfortable in the narrow cockpits of Messerschmitt is, for me, totally unfounded.
These jackets are totally restrictive and I even wonder how one could close the canopy of an aircraft with this type of jacket.

I can imagine this story: "May 1945, a German pilot has just surrendered, he gets off his plane after landing on an American airfield. A GI says to him "hands up!", the German pilot replies: "sorry, I can't..."

This is what happens when you lift your arm with a cyclist jacket :D :

View attachment 79293
Haha I see your issue with being able to ride in it lol
I ride a BSA Scout.....so it's a sitting up straight position rather than the hunched over like on modern cycles.
I also have this "hitched up" issue with my A2 jackets (hence why I love underarm gussets for range of movement)

Members online

Latest posts