• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

Is that the name of it? Holy cow, I need to head to Tijuana. Peter, if it’s the same stuff, well done.

A71147DD-B9BC-4AF8-A117-E66EB2FEE093.jpeg

Peter242

Sweet! Is that the Mexican goatskin?
JC only wrote that It is a new goatskin he have found. I’ve already asked about more info about this goat and let you know the answer. some month ago I had a chance to wear an AN6552 made from Indian goatskin. This jacket was a bit more heavier than mine and bit more russet looking. Mine is more a seal brown…and a bit thinner/ lighter
B9178C28-BF50-4542-8B78-30A3845ECBFA.jpeg
5B8AEA21-DE76-4F59-98E3-AAF6C63B7E45.jpeg
1B723043-C30C-4FC9-955B-D3A28060ED9A.jpeg

Peter242

does anyone know which waistband is specified for the AN 6552 ? Mine has two ply like an A2 but I’ve seen pictures of a version made by buzz with the rib-rack waistband. Or does this differ between contracts?

Spitfireace

Sounds about right from what I’ve heard. Used to meet a few celebrities when I worked at the North end of the airport where all the vips come in. Met Tom cruise about 30 years ago. I had thought he was bigger;). Kurt Russell and Goldie hawn seemed like really nice people. They had a place in muskoka and used to come every summer.
Ya, Kurt and Goldie used to live in West Vancouver too (maybe they still have the place, don't know) . His son was aspiring to be an NHL goaltender, and so they lived up here so he could play.

Chandler

does anyone know which waistband is specified for the AN 6552 ? Mine has two ply like an A2 but I’ve seen pictures of a version made by buzz with the rib-rack waistband. Or does this differ between contracts?
My original has the rib-rack, just as a comparison. But maybe other manufacturers started switching up?

Come to think of it, my original 1951 G-1 has the rib-rack, too.

mulceber

My original has the rib-rack, just as a comparison. But maybe other manufacturers started switching up?

Come to think of it, my original 1951 G-1 has the rib-rack, too.

Here's a quote from John Chapman's CD that answers the question:

The features noticable on Bogen jackets are an A-2 style waistband...

FWIW, I find that CD to be indispensable.

B-Man2

It’s honestly too hot for a jacket today ..but .. just to keep the thread moving,
It’s an Aero of Scotland Vincenza Horsehide repro of the original WWII Aero 15142P contract in a size 46. It’s a very comfortable 46, that can accommodate wearing a warm sweater underneath. ( the right cuff is there it just got sucked up into the sleeve ):)
B8638BD0-06C0-47EA-AFCA-07A1BFE8DC43.jpeg
BF52AA65-9809-4644-9CDA-8DA810F52C8E.jpeg
3773FDAC-29B8-420B-955D-A21A160B23F4.jpeg

Last edited: