• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

Nice Jackets Burt, i´m also looking for a Size 46 - but in germany its not that easy .
How long is a 46 in the body ? Could give me also the measurements for chest and arms ?

Greetings
Peter
Hi Peter
I’d be happy to list the measurements of the 46 Star G-1 for you. Just one thing you should know is that the measurements for a size 46 G-1 can differ depending on the manufacturer of the jacket. I’ve had size 46 G-1s that were small on me and others that ran large. For example I’ll give you the measurements of a 46 Martin Lane first
Chest …..24.5 inches
Arms……. 26 Inches
Shoulders … 19.5 inches
Rear collar seam to bottom of knits..25 inches

STAR 46
Chest …. 24 inches
Arms …….25.5 inches
Shoulders … 20.5 inches
Rear collar seam to bottom of knits 26.25 inches
So as you can see, it’s difficult to list absolute measurements for all G-1 jackets of a particular size.
I hope that helps .
Cheers
B508AED5-A102-44CC-A3FF-4792C86A37A1.jpeg
BAC57667-D0A3-47F3-B57E-5F68A7F6DA4C.jpeg
AE8176F2-25D2-46A8-9A8F-0972FB05B4F7.jpeg
1497A7F3-8E56-4E9F-BF8E-69BE8CBAD04F.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Yous are lucky, finding originals is easy when you're in the ball park.
Im always on the look out and everything under $400 has issues.

Postage to UK if a US buy is £80-£100 (hopefully no import duties and taxes)
Aero just quoted me over £200 to replace knits and lining.
Another £80 to get it properly cleaned if need be.

Assuming mouton and zipper is good and no stitching or leather issues. If you need to replace zipper, that another chunk of cash to Aero.

Both my originals were ok, needed a clean and new knit.... but sleeves were too short to make the investment.

So, yes a good original like above is great and the way forward, IF you can find one.
Brett
You’re right and I do forget from time to time that finding nice G-1 jackets is a lot easier here in the US than just about any other place. I guess it’s a little like when I was trying to find a nice looking Irvin here in the US . They are extremely difficult to find in any acceptable condition. I’m guessing that you can still find some mint gems over in the UK. I have helped one or two other members locate a nice G-1 but as you mentioned the shipping and the UK import duties add quite a bit to the overall cost of the jacket. If I ever get an opportunity to come to the UK I’ll make sure to pack a couple of nice G-1s in my flight bag :)

Peter242

Hi Peter
I’d be happy to list the measurements of the 46 Star G-1 for you. Just one thing you should know is that the measurements for a size 46 G-1 can differ depending on the manufacturer of the jacket. I’ve had size 46 G-1s that were small on me and others that ran large. For example I’ll give you the measurements of a 46 Martin Lane first
Chest …..24.5 inches
Arms……. 26 Inches
Shoulders … 19.5 inches
Rear collar seam to bottom of knits..25 inches

STAR 46
Chest …. 24 inches
Arms …….25.5 inches
Shoulders … 20.5 inches
Rear collar seam to bottom of knits 26.25 inches
So as you can see, it’s difficult to list absolute measurements for all G-1 jackets of a particular size.
I hope that helps .
Cheers
View attachment 78211View attachment 78212View attachment 78214View attachment 78215
Thanks Burt,

I see the problem - the star would be great lengthwise , the Martin Lane would be too short. All in All if got to check measurements very carefully if i find a 46.

Both are great looking jackets. Did you do any repairs ?

Greetings
Peter

Brettafett

Brett
You’re right and I do forget from time to time that finding nice G-1 jackets is a lot easier here in the US than just about any other place. I guess it’s a little like when I was trying to find a nice looking Irvin here in the US . They are extremely difficult to find in any acceptable condition. I’m guessing that you can still find some mint gems over in the UK. I have helped one or two other members locate a nice G-1 but as you mentioned the shipping and the UK import duties add quite a bit to the overall cost of the jacket. If I ever get an opportunity to come to the UK I’ll make sure to pack a couple of nice G-1s in my flight bag :)
Thanks Burt,
I know its possible. I missed a C series Star 42 a few weeks ago. It looked mint, but someone nabbed it under my nose.
For something like that one wouldn't mind paying the postage and giving it a clean.
My C series Star 40 was almost mint (was under $200) and it fit relatively well, but for sleeves... I really should have held onto it.