• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Mickey.was.a.rat

IMG_6384.jpeg

I didn't think I'd get my b10 out again until this autumn, but I went back to my home town at 1000m altitude, it was 7°C, I was happy to have it with me

B-Man2

At the current prices of original G-1s, it just makes sense to consider an original when thinking about purchasing a G-1 jacket. For example the last two G-1s I picked up were original mint jackets one a size 48 Irvin B Foster, the other a size 46 Star Manfg , both of them for under $225.00 each . That’s cheaper than any repo G-1 out there.
D459AD17-C07B-4447-84AD-EFDC2A374F3D.jpeg
BB24E31B-6080-4062-865C-E0FABD50B446.jpeg
3003960F-C51A-43A1-A7A2-8DCC479BF64F.jpeg
DC477134-1A6E-4D02-BD81-E4535E50C14F.jpeg

CombatWombat

I'm wearing this beast of a thing....no idea where it came from....no idea who made it....but it's got a full length "teddy bear" liner (hence why the sleeves have a push stud down near the cuff and the bagginess around the upper arms)
I think it's a "Highwayman" style but correct me if I'm wrong
IMG_20220424_134724.jpg
IMG_20220424_134738.jpg
IMG_20220424_140813.jpg

Peter242

At the current prices of original G-1s, it just makes sense to consider an original when thinking about purchasing a G-1 jacket. For example the last two G-1s I picked up were original mint jackets one a size 48 Irvin B Foster, the other a size 46 Star Manfg , both of them for under $225.00 each . That’s cheaper than any repo G-1 out there. View attachment 78186View attachment 78187View attachment 78188View attachment 78189
Nice Jackets Burt, i´m also looking for a Size 46 - but in germany its not that easy .
How long is a 46 in the body ? Could give me also the measurements for chest and arms ?

Greetings
Peter

Brettafett

Yous are lucky, finding originals is easy when you're in the ball park.
Im always on the look out and everything under $400 has issues.

Postage to UK if a US buy is £80-£100 (hopefully no import duties and taxes)
Aero just quoted me over £200 to replace knits and lining.
Another £80 to get it properly cleaned if need be.

Assuming mouton and zipper is good and no stitching or leather issues. If you need to replace zipper, that another chunk of cash to Aero.

Both my originals were ok, needed a clean and new knit.... but sleeves were too short to make the investment.

So, yes a good original like above is great and the way forward, IF you can find one.

Peter242

Yous are lucky, finding originals is easy when you're in the ball park.
Im always on the look out and everything under $400 has issues.

Postage to UK if a US buy is £80-£100 (hopefully no import duties and taxes)
Aero just quoted me over £200 to replace knits and lining.
Another £80 to get it properly cleaned if need be.

Assuming mouton and zipper is good and no stitching or leather issues. If you need to replace zipper, that another chunk of cash to Aero.

Both my originals were ok, needed a clean and new knit.... but sleeves were too short to make the investment.

So, yes a good original like above is great and the way forward, IF you can find one.
That´s on the point. Shipping from US is Extremly expensive (and addtional tax & import duties come on top). So as always with this hobby - you need patience & good portion of luck. And during that, i can wear my AVI :)

Brettafett

I came across a couple of E series G-1s in Camden Town markets last weekend. Both had no labels, both had very dry leather, stained lining, musky dusty, and knit shot to hell.
One was originally patched, small size, one was likely a 40 or 42, fit in the body and shoulders, but was very uncomfortable wear. Both were well over £200. Hell no.
The guy in the one place, with the smaller one, was trying to tell me it was an original WW2 jacket. I said no it wasn't. He said yes it was a very rare WW2 original flyers jacket. I said thanks.

Peter242

I came across a couple of E series G-1s in Camden Town markets last weekend. Both had no labels, both had very dry leather, stained lining, musky dusty, and knit shot to hell.
One was originally patched, small size, one was likely a 40 or 42, fit in the body and shoulders, but was very uncomfortable wear. Both were well over £200. Hell no.
The guy in the one place, with the smaller one, was trying to tell me it was an original WW2 jacket. I said no it wasn't. He said yes it was a very rare WW2 original flyers jacket. I said thanks.
A G1 E-Series from WW2 . THATS MUST BE VERY RARE !!! :)))

Peter242

Some days ago
The guy in the one place, with the smaller one, was trying to tell me it was an original WW2 jacket. I said no it wasn't. He said yes it was a very rare WW2 original flyers jacket. I said thank

Thats look quite ok - but a tad too small and the knits must be replaced.