• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lord Flashheart

I had a chat with a couple of guides there but I don't know any of them personally and it's ages since I've been. I really should go more often because it's a great museum and there's so much to take in. On a warmer day for sure.

Another pic of the display

IMG_2337.jpeg

Micawber

I had a chat with a couple of guides there but I don't know any of them personally and it's ages since I've been. I really should go more often because it's a great museum and there's so much to take in. On a warmer day for sure.

View attachment 76538

It's a gem benefiting as it does from some impressive backing. We are fortunate to have it and the likes of it. Old Buck, the 96th at Eccles School, Rougham etc right on our doorstep.

Chandler

View attachment 76538
If I was gonna doll up an FJ, I'd probably recreate an AVG something or other, but that Bull Moose is tempting!

B-Man2

Ok this one probably won’t get anyone here excited, but I’ve been wanting one of these for a while. I had one back in the 1970’s ( I know, many of you were just little guys or a just a thought in your Moms dreams) but like most things of the 70s it was lost or donated with a bunch of other stuff . Recently I found a place that had these for a reasonable price. It’s the jacket that Steve MCQueen made famous and the jacket that added to McQueens “Cool Factor” I know it’s not what we usually feature here but it does have a vintage heritage. It’s the Harrington Barracuda G-9 jacket. Actually it’s a reproduction of that jacket as an original runs about $450.00. So with the weather now summer like down here , this jacket fills the bill for a lightweight jacket on cool nights .
1E471ECC-BFB8-4876-B251-B5093742194D.jpeg
778A3C6B-0F25-43A3-BA69-96D789F1BD9A.jpeg

Last edited:

War_Pigeon

and noticed this display which may be of interest here

View attachment 76537

This is too cool. The Cubi Point bar museum in the museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola has some stuff like this, too.
The museum was a great place to stand watch, as far as places to stand watch go.

Inside the Aviation Preflight Indoctrination building on NAS Pcola, they have have Bush Sr.'s G-1 on display, along with some other famous ones.
Unfortunately, photos don't exist as far as I know because only select individuals can take cameras in there.