• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

I've done that in the past with mixed success; I find that Eastman's shearling is stiff enough that buckling up the collar is very difficult, and without the buckles done up, the collar mostly manages to funnel the wind toward my ears. :eek: But yes, when done up properly, the collar in fact makes the jacket even warmer.

newagegeezer

being cold today, just got in from wearing another almost Frankenstein one, well, it's an original B3 I've owned for 40+ years but now very patched and sewn up (so looking Frankensteinish) from years of hard use, most put on before I acquired it. No maker on label only DWG no. 33 H 5595 A.C. order no. W535-AC 17812. Strange old
002.JPG
zip, non orig I'm sure , has 100 in a circle stamped on it ??

newagegeezer

a balmy 14C today, felt like mid/late Spring, so went for walk on England's green and pleasant land i.e. Epping Forest,just 200 yards from my house. Didn't know that when I left, expected colder but as bright and sunny wore an old jacket that I used to wear on motorbike in Summer, think I picked it up from a flea market in Frankfurt when I worked there back in the '80s. It was actually too hot in it

003.JPG

Tattoo A2

being cold today, just got in from wearing another almost Frankenstein one, well, it's an original B3 I've owned for 40+ years but now very patched and sewn up (so looking Frankensteinish) from years of hard use, most put on before I acquired it. No maker on label only DWG no. 33 H 5595 A.C. order no. W535-AC 17812. Strange old View attachment 73709zip, non orig I'm sure , has 100 in a circle stamped on it ??
Now theres a jacket with personality, the tales it could tell, not a Frankenstein if I say so myself, love those beat up originals.

Micawber

I'll 'fess up. I couldn't be bothered to tie one for our little walked up morning at the fen so it's pre-tied with grouse on. I'll see myself to the door ....

Well, it is passable, from a distance ...barely noticeable in fact. I trust you had a passable walked up, at least the weather today was passable, especially the wind!

Lord Flashheart

Well, it is passable, from a distance ...barely noticeable in fact. I trust you had a passable walked up, at least the weather today was passable, especially the wind!
Yes indeed it was. Distinctly overdressed tbh (and I wouldn't dare take the B-15 through the scrub and overgrowth down there so a waxed waistcoat came out) but breeks are a lot more practical with boots than people give them credit for. Even with silly socks.

KeepmflyinTX

Texas weather is sometimes a roller coaster ride with large temperature swings. Yesterday it was 67F and on Thursday the high will be 32F.

I finally took the plunge into the A2 world when this was delivered yesterday. Let the addiction begin. ELC Monarch A-2.The grain and color of the leather is absolutely beautiful. Many thanks to Brettafett and all of you who have shared information about the A-2 and its sizing.

9DBE12BC-ED3D-487B-9F59-75B4B074DF92_1_201_a.jpeg
90125CDC-85AF-41B8-B0D8-F3D5186392DD_1_201_a.jpeg

bfd70

Texas weather is sometimes a roller coaster ride with large temperature swings. Yesterday it was 67F and on Thursday the high will be 32F.

I finally took the plunge into the A2 world when this was delivered yesterday. Let the addiction begin. ELC Monarch A-2.The grain and color of the leather is absolutely beautiful. Many thanks to Brettafett and all of you who have shared information about the A-2 and its sizing.

View attachment 73893View attachment 73894
Looks great

AlexLutov

STEVE S.

That's a fine looking Church with some real character there Steve. Good stuff.

thanks! That was the last one of the five different M-422a manufacturers that I sourced for my collection. Took a few yrs to find one of each in my size (44). Lucked up on this one (ebay) as it had a quilted liner installed so had to look hard for the details. Only took me 15 yrs to get around to restoring it..:oops: