• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

YoungMedic

Since Burt posted his sweet Seal A1 the other day I broke out my Five Star this cool Florida morning. Another 5 stars for this 5*
02E301B2-C49F-4E6A-88CA-E7B4D9FCB426.png

B-Man2

So here’s a little different A2 that some of you may have never seen before, and others may know very well . If you’re on this forum this is one of the first jackets that actually started this crazy hobby and was made back in 1978, long before Eastman , or many of the other A2 repro makers we hold in high regard today even existed .
The date is a dead give away so I’ll let you think about it while you check out the photos.
BTW it’s also one of the first repro Horsehide A2’s ever made . Here ya go .
8C8EA576-8935-4308-BE35-AD2EDB32F927.jpeg
5A044C3B-8AAF-4ED7-9E27-70723038ADC2.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Yep ….. and the jacket is reversible with snow camouflaging. I had one but sold it off . You just can’t get people to stop looking at you walking thru Walmart or Target when you’re wearing one of these . ;)
71865643-2BDE-48D6-85B7-DA778A672F46.gif

Last edited:

Wedge417

Yep ….. and the jacket is reversible with snow camouflaging. I had one but sold it off . You just can’t get people to stop looking at you walking thru Walmart it Target when you’re wearing one of these . ;) View attachment 70047
I was going to ask how the average person looks at you. I love theses jackets, but never got around to buying one because there is no way I could wear that over where I'm at. We can talk about pea dots too absolutely love the faded hbt but that also is a big no no. sigh...

B-Man2

If you live out in the country it’s a great jacket that can be worn for a variety of jobs and activities .It’s warm and durable and great for hunting or camping . If your a city dweller … it’s not a practical jacket . In some places in some cities , just wearing camouflage will get you a second look on the stores or police surveillance cameras .

Smithy

I was going to ask how the average person looks at you. I love theses jackets, but never got around to buying one because there is no way I could wear that over where I'm at. We can talk about pea dots too absolutely love the faded hbt but that also is a big no no. sigh...

I live in Arctic Norway where there is a lot of outdoor life, visiting cottages/cabins and therefore I don't use it as a "fashion" jacket for traipsing around town in. Camouflage outdoor wear is quite common here as the hunting scene is very large so it's not uncommon to see someone wearing camo out in the forests or mountains. I use it as a manual labour jacket when it's cold, shovelling snow if we're home or up in the mountains for all manner of activities if it's cold. They're terrific jackets and very well designed and great for outdoor in the wilds use, not for visiting the local supermarket to pick up a pint of milk ;)

Bremspropeller

I live in Arctic Norway where there is a lot of outdoor life, visiting cottages/cabins and therefore I don't use it as a "fashion" jacket for traipsing around town in. Camouflage outdoor wear is quite common here as the hunting scene is very large so it's not uncommon to see someone wearing camo out in the forests or mountains. I use it as a manual labour jacket when it's cold, shovelling snow if we're home or up in the mountains for all manner of activities if it's cold. They're terrific jackets and very well designed and great for outdoor in the wilds use, not for visiting the local supermarket to pick up a pint of milk ;)

I think wedge's comments were more directed about the camo pattern and it's association with a certain group of people.
I also wouldn't wear it in public, even though I think it objectively looks very cool.