• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

SOF British Jerkin time. Made by Kay Canvas from Buffalo hide these, just like the originals, are just such a practical and tough garment for working in. No pockets means you don't get weighed down by "stuff" or hindered by bulges catching tools. Love 'em.

Doing a spot of gardening again this morning. Target for today is one of the side patches near the house and enlarging a flowerbed in the middle of a much bigger
patch around the other side to make room for plants that we bought at the local auction over the past couple of weeks. We have a new greenhouse coming sometime next month so I want to get things organised beforehand.

IMG_20210915_094732_861~2_resize_62.jpg

entertainment

We’re south of that, just a few miles north of Kennebunkport, visiting family. The photos are at Goose Rocks Beach. The weather’s been on the edge of jacket comfort, but after a couple months of temperatures in the 80s F/ high 20s C, I’ll take what I can get. :D
My brother in law's family goes to Goose Rocks, but I have never been there. They love it there.

B-Man2

;)
Problem is, how can you wear the piss out of one when you have so many to choose from? :p
Too many hats and only one head!
Correct!!
And that’s the dilemma in collecting these things . Or to make another analogy … it’s like a Sultan have too many wives . He wants them all, but he can only service each one on an occasional basis . Uhhh …hmmm … I think I like the second problem better;)

917_k

Yesterday’s Goodwood Revival getup. Not a flight jacket, but it is an original 1954 Holloman AFB Letterman jacket.

31EFE9D6-3C1E-41D0-BF74-A48526CE6F35.jpeg

DC571D10-7BCD-4968-B11A-4D880E78B53D.jpeg

I’m guessing it’s the 6580th Air Base Group.

The jacket is made by Empire Sporting Goods of New York and includes all of the original labels and tags, which are period correct, so it’s definitely vintage rather than a modern remake.