• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

Today, an unlabeled 70s G-1.

519746E6-7F85-478A-8CC2-4E84B55C303C.jpeg

Nickb123

Nickb123

Noo jajajjaja, that is actually a nice fitting contract.

I’ll snap some more pics. I had a ‘70 Star and this feels more akin to it. Would have never thought it was something earlier. It was a gift to me from a Lounger. A retired Navy flyer with a pretty impressive record of service, though not his issued jacket. He speculated it might have been a D or E series Bill Bros, but I think it’s goatskin. Rather unremarkable pockets, but I’m growing to really like the jacket. I’ll never sell it! That musty vintage smell with a hint of stale tobacco is an aphrodisiac.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

I’ll snap some more pics. I had a ‘70 Star and this feels more akin to it. Would have never thought it was something earlier. It was a gift to me from a Lounger. A retired Navy flyer with a pretty impressive record of service, though not his issued jacket. He speculated it might have been a D or E series Bill Bros, but I think it’s goatskin. Rather unremarkable pockets, but I’m growing to really like the jacket. I’ll never sell it! That musty vintage smell with a hint of stale tobacco is an aphrodisiac.

Nice G-1, Nick.
He could be right, why not - It could be Brill D, mine too from goatskin.

I envy you guys you wear jackets. It's been hellish heat here for a month now and it's hot even in a T-shirt.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Yes, Lorenzo! Just posted more details.