• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

My dental health is outstanding, no need for dog biscuits.

And I'm not stalking you, just working on freeing those dogs from their mundane life of kibble. ;)

Again you concern is touching but totally unnecessary. Of more concern is your obsession with other people's animals of which you know nothing but I understand the elderly mind can become over focussed on matters that are of no concern to them. My advice is to luck off and get back to focusing on daytime TV before the men in white coats from the institute pay you about armed with one of those jackets with lots of straps that prevent freedom of arm and hand movement. ;)

Last edited:

Chandler

Again you concern is touching but totally unnecessary. Of more concern is your obsession with other people's animals of which you know nothing but I understand the elderly mind can become over focussed on matters that are of no concern to them. My advice is to luck off and get back to focusing on daytime TV before the men in white coats from the institute pay you about armed with one of those jackets with lots of straps that prevent freedom of arm and hand movement. ;)
Members of PETA are always concerned with the welfare of animals they feel aren't getting the proper attention -- or special treats -- as you are even so bold to admit. So expect the East Anglia branch of the animal Interlopers to be showing up with a truckload of Scooby Snacks for your deprived pups. :D

(All right, enough of this silliness -- to be crystal clear Steve and I have conversed privately in the past and we're both dog people, and I know his pups are well loved. But Steve, daytime TV? C'mon, that's a low-blow for you -- my TV viewing is mostly reserved for BBC America & Acorn TV... :D okay, I almost said that with a straight face... ;)).

Back to today's jackets -- no more "dog fights."

entertainment

Beck 999 that I just picked up. It is in excellent condition. I think it is from the 1960s.
The camera angle makes it look a bit short, but it is a great fit.

IMG_3471.JPG

Micawber

Members of PETA are always concerned with the welfare of animals they feel aren't getting the proper attention -- or special treats -- as you are even so bold to admit. So expect the East Anglia branch of the animal Interlopers to be showing up with a truckload of Scooby Snacks for your deprived pups. :D

(All right, enough of this silliness -- to be crystal clear Steve and I have conversed privately in the past and we're both dog people, and I know his pups are well loved. But Steve, daytime TV? C'mon, that's a low-blow for you -- my TV viewing is mostly reserved for BBC America & Acorn TV... :D okay, I almost said that with a straight face... ;)).

Back to today's jackets -- no more "dog fights."

Members of PETA tend to be very thin on the ground in these parts, appreciation of the delicate scroll engraving of a fine best quality Purdey tends to escape them when the ends of the exquisitely struck off and blued barrels are rammed hard up their nostrils in an unfriendly "get off my land" kind of way. An old Baikal 12 bore tends to ruin PETA underwear PDQ too.

So, enough of this frivolity. If you had not noticed before you have actually been off the leash for weeks so no need to hang around me now, instead you are free to take yourself off and play somewhere else, have fun! :D

Chandler

So, enough of this frivolity. If you had not noticed before you have actually been off the leash for weeks so no need to hang around me now, instead you are free to take yourself off and play somewhere else, have fun! :D
Oh, but what would I do without your sage guidance and Solomon-like words of wisdom (if not wit -- and I mean not)?

Oh yeah, I've been getting by just fine, lo these many years. Guess I'll live.

Besides, I seem to be finding it more fun to watch your hackles rise and fall over childish teasing and fun-poking (even though that was far from any original intent) -- my Philip Marlowe sarcasm is more than stoked now -- especially after I'd already shown a sincere flag of truce.

Last edited:

Micawber

Oh, but what would I do without your sage guidance and Solomon-like words of wisdom (if not wit -- and I mean not)?

Oh yeah, I've been getting by just fine, lo these many years. Guess I'll live.

Besides, I seem to be finding it more fun to watch your hackles rise and fall over childish teasing and fun-poking (even though that was far from any original intent) -- my Philip Marlowe sarcasm is more than stoked now -- especially after I'd already shown a sincere flag of truce.

Oh I get it, this is like one of those kids games when the winner is the one who has the very last word. Well you won't win this one because as soon as hit "post reply" you will be added to my blocked list, so you can chirp, bait and twitter away with your self confessed "childish teasing and fun poking" as much as you like as I won't see it.
See, the trouble is you went a bit far didn't you Mr Marlowe, you just didn't know when to stop, your "sincere flag of truce" got lost coming as it did after another raft of childish blah blah. I'm not alone in thinking this as there are a few others here that think that what started off as a bit of good humoured ribbing on your part moved onto - what was it you called it - ah yes "childish teasing and fun poking" - those of a less generous disposition may call it stalking and trolling. If believing you made my somewhat tired and fatigued post cancer hackles rise then good on you fella, give yourself a pat on the back, I'm glad you have achieved some sense of satisfaction. In reality life is too short for putting up with playground crap Mr Marlowe.

Micawber

Steve,

That NorShor looks very good on you!

How would you compare it with your GW Aero? I am interested in this new contract from them.

Dany

I like it Dany, it feels 'right'. Comparing it to the GW Aero; the NS is lighter in weight, the hide is steer, soft, flexible and feels a bit thinner than the GW in horse. It's well made and breaking in nicely, it feels like a wartime produced original.