• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Cocker

It is a modern Zippo. ;)
It is the reissue of the "black crackle" of the second world war. I bought a second hand one for 15 euros and I rubbed it with a wire brush + sandpaper + big screwdriver strokes... :D
It almost looks like a real one from the second world war.

Do you have an original one ?

There's a couple original WW2 black crackle lighters on eBay at the moment, not Zippo, but they are looking damn good, pretty tempting!

Maybe one day I'll have the will and wish to stop too...

blackrat2

To be fair cocker mine was an impulse buy and I was lucky to get one with a box etc etc, was one with the missing patent number so pretty rare beast...but it was tucked away in my pocket so decided to part with it to a collector, the Vietnam one looks really nice but by no means as valuable at this time

Tylbor

The weather was beautiful last weekend as my family and I headed for a mountain trip. This tropical USAF coat was an obvious choice. Wool 1949 pattern British battledress trousers.

IMG_5684.JPG

ausreenactor

Why do you, somehow, resemble a french resistance fighter? ;)
It must be the beret...
Remember getting asked what the French called their 'Resistance' during the war by a CAPT in Timor in 2007..

'Le Resistance Sir?'.....
'You're an idiot!'
'Oh... the Marquis or Marquisarde?'
'That's it...You're not an idiot!'

Micawber

Far too warm to be wearing a jacket especially when riding on the lawnmower like I have for a good part of the day. Still, warm or not I thought I would try on the NorShor Acme (Aero) 42-18775-P test jacket I bought off Mark at NorShor in early May that finally arrived here today.
I have not had chance to examine it closely yet but first impressions are favourable. The hide is pleasantly soft and smells a treat.

IMG_20210609_170154_933~2_resize_19.jpg

Last edited:

Micawber

NorShor A2 which arrived here yesterday.

I had the 2nd Covid jab Sunday but it's really knocked me for six so having an easy day today. The medics were adamant that lymphoma patients should have the jabs The 1st AZ jab during chemo was ok, but the 2nd some weeks after chemo finished - wow - not nice at all.

IMG_20210610_155909_577~2_resize_78.jpg

Lorenzo_l

NorShor A2 which arrived here yesterday.

I had the 2nd Covid jab Sunday but it's really knocked me for six so having an easy day today. The medics were adamant that lymphoma patients should have the jabs The 1st AZ jab during chemo was ok, but the 2nd some weeks after chemo finished - wow - not nice at all.

View attachment 62709

Despite the covid jab hitting you some, things seem to be falling into place for your, sir - end of chemo, 2 out2 covid jabs, hair growing back including, and not limited to, a mustache and, to top it all off, a gorgeos new A-2!!! Well done, Steve!

Last edited:

ausreenactor

T
Far too warm to be wearing a jacket especially when riding on the lawnmower like I have for a good part of the day. Still, warm or not I thought I would try on the NorShor Acme (Aero) 42-18775-P test jacket I bought off Mark at NorShor in early May that finally arrived here today.
I have not had chance to examine it closely yet but first impressions are favourable. The hide is pleasantly soft and smells a treat.

View attachment 62670
That smell ..... that horsehide smell. Smells like.... decadence!

Some day this jacket obsession is gonna end!

Grant

Finally cooler weather, so broke out the all original first contract May 1942 Bronco. Bronco's are super comfortable to wear, so if you can find one I highly recommend it. The bar tack stitching on the hanger loop is a cool Bronco feature and always fun to geek out looking at the M-42 Crown. Gary mentions in his book this contract was made from cowhide, goat and horse - I suspect this example is cowhide, but what do I know!

B1.jpg
B2.jpg
B3.jpg

Smithy

Finally cooler weather, so broke out the all original first contract May 1942 Bronco. Bronco's are super comfortable to wear, so if you can find one I highly recommend it. The bar tack stitching on the hanger loop is a cool Bronco feature and always fun to geek out looking at the M-42 Crown. Gary mentions in his book this contract was made from cowhide, goat and horse - I suspect this example is cowhide, but what do I know!

View attachment 62868View attachment 62869View attachment 62870

Man that has to be in the running for the best A-2 you have Grant. The fit is spot on and the graining on that leather...doesn't get much better!