• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lord Flashheart

ELC 55J14 for a trip to the coast today.
IMG_2076.jpeg

Smithy

No jacket pic (I was wearing a boring Helly Hansen raincoat thingie) but in a beautiful part of the world.

As some on here know I am a keen fly fisherman and so I was doing a recce on one of the rivers I like to fish prior to the fishing season. Dragged the family along, made a fire, kids toasted some marshmallows, we made "cowboy" coffee on the fire. Really lovely day.

Pretty part of the world. We walked all the way up to the falls.

j7yFabw.jpg

View from the top of the ridge line later in the day...

lLsuUA0.jpg

View from the car travelling there...

VgRfTC3.jpg

And no idea if this video thingie will work but here goes...the waterfall...

B-Man2

Tim
That’s a beautiful part of the world . Coming from the US where just about every waterway is polluted , I was amazed to learn that many of your water ways up in the mountains have snow melt water falls, that are so clear and clean that you can drink from them . If you make it to the US …. Do not try that here o_O

Last edited:

Smithy

Tim
That’s a beautiful part of the world . Coming from the US where just about every waterway is polluted , I was amazed to learn that many of your water ways up in the mountain have snow melt water falls, that are so clear and clean that you can drink from them . If you make it to the US …. Do not try that here o_O

We didn't take water with us Burt, we were drinking from the river and took water from there to brew the coffee. The water is pristine which is pretty special compared to other parts of the world.

If you come over to Norway again in summer I'll take you dry flying. We'll take some food and something to drink (stronger than water ;-) and we can sit out all night and fish (24 hour daylight here) and tell some dirty stories ;-)

B-Man2

We didn't take water with us Burt, we were drinking from the river and took water from there to brew the coffee. The water is pristine which is pretty special compared to other parts of the world.

If you come over to Norway again in summer I'll take you dry flying. We'll take some food and something to drink (stronger than water ;-) and we can sit out all night and fish (24 hour daylight here) and tell some dirty stories ;-)
I’m in !!:)

B-Man2

Great thing with all Viking girls/women/wives is that they don't mind the lads going off and having a boys weekend away. I have no scientific proof but I reckon it's in their DNA from Viking times when the menfolk buggered off raiding and so they don't mind the boys sloping off for a bit!
Yeah…… well I know one thing for sure . Ya don’t wanna piss off those Viking women;),

Smithy

Yeah…… well I know one thing for sure . Ya don’t wanna piss off those Viking women;),

True although they're actually pretty simple mate. Very much happy wife, happy life. Don't piss them off and you're home and hosed.

Saying that if you piss them off you're seriously up shit creek. Because of the infamous "B-15C Incident" I had to sleep on the couch for two months :D