• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

What a stunning jackets that is, Burt. And it fits like a glove to boot. What is it about John Chapman's jackets that they always look like pieces of art?
I’ve asked myself that same question many times Lorenzol . I think it just comes down to a personal bar or level of artistry or craftsmanship that JC sets for himself . That and a desire to give his customers the best that he can offer . On a side note, you cant help but like the guy after you’ve talked to him on the phone he’s just that personable . I know some may think that I’m saying this to suck up but I’m really not . I haven’t bought a jacket off of John in a few years now and no plans to by one . I just think highly of the guy and business ethics .

Last edited:

Lorenzo_l

I’ve asked myself that same question many times Lorenzol . I think it just comes down to a personal bar or level of artistry or craftsmanship that JC sets for himself . That and a desire to give his customers the best that he can offer . On a side note, you cant help but like the guy after you’ve talked to him on the phone he’s just that personable . I know some may think that I’m saying this to kiss his ass but I’m really not . I haven’t bought a jacket off of John I’m a few years now and no plans to by one . I just think highly of the guy and business ethics .

His jacket are no doubt and stunning to look at, at least in photographs (Ive never seen one in the flesh). Re Mr Chapman, I have tried contacting him in numerous occasions without success. I have all but given up now.

ausreenactor

Sporting a GW Acme 21996 on a rainy cold day. This is an A2 that is a russet with a light seal colored top coat. When the jacket has a lot of wear the Russett will bleed through the top coat giving it a pretty cool appearance . Once again JC is a wizard . I posted a couple of photos in difference lights so you can see how the color of the jacket changes with the change in natural and interior lights .
Cheers
View attachment 59923View attachment 59924View attachment 59925View attachment 59926
I went through a decade where I was off rust knits but back in the fold now...

busdrivermike

sorry no leather as I’m in the car and at
+9 c and cloudy with the odd spritz of rain
It’s actually a little warm ( for me at least ) for leather so we’re
in a carhartt denim jacket and leather hat
And new mask I sewed up from some material ( old pillowcase ) I found at a thrift store
Gotta fly my sci fi geek flag
0D108A5C-9AFB-444D-A5B5-47E2C6418D77.jpeg

Smithy

He still watches the forum -- don't give up, he's just pretty busy.

He does and he knows what's going on. He sent me a PM out of the blue a year or two back about some stuff. And I agree people forget he's a one man band. So he spends most of his time making these amazing jackets which probably doesn't leave a whole lot of time for his personal life let alone answering emails, etc. I'd keep persisting Lorenzo. Not a perfect world but he'll eventually get around to you.

AlexLutov

Sporting a GW Acme 21996 on a rainy cold day. This is an A2 that is a russet with a light seal colored top coat. When the jacket has a lot of wear the Russett will bleed through the top coat giving it a pretty cool appearance . Once again JC is a wizard . I posted a couple of photos in difference lights so you can see how the color of the jacket changes with the change in natural and interior lights .
Cheers
View attachment 59923View attachment 59924View attachment 59925View attachment 59926
A thousand likes! John really is a wizard! and I'm thrilled to have one of his works of art)))

Kermit3D

He does and he knows what's going on. He sent me a PM out of the blue a year or two back about some stuff. And I agree people forget he's a one man band. So he spends most of his time making these amazing jackets which probably doesn't leave a whole lot of time for his personal life let alone answering emails, etc. I'd keep persisting Lorenzo. Not a perfect world but he'll eventually get around to you.

John Chapman told me by email that he would soon have a person to help him manage the administration and some of the communication with customers. He told me that he is very busy with the manufacturing of the jackets and he knows that the response time is the weakest point of his company and that it really bothers him.

It can indeed be a bit long to get a first contact with JC. But I'm sure he'll get back to you. It took him 3 months to answer my first request but then he wrote me long and very complete emails with a lot of information.

Smithy

John Chapman told me by email that he would soon have a person to help him manage the administration and some of the communication with customers. He told me that he is very busy with the manufacturing of the jackets and he knows that the response time is the weakest point of his company and that it really bothers him.

It can indeed be a bit long to get a first contact with JC. But I'm sure he'll get back to you. It took him 3 months to answer my first request but then he wrote me long and very complete emails with a lot of information.

He had a person to help him a few years back Kermit but it didn't work out so hopefully it goes better this time around.

He might be a bit slow and not the best with the email side of the business but he just happens to be an absolutely lovely and charming chap, possibly the nicest chap out of all the makers we know.

Kermit3D

Im jealous about your olive tree, I try hard to cultivate them here also but ... I think weather is just too rough and cold here for them. The last one died this winter in - 15 degrees Celsius

The climate here in Toulouse is good for olive trees. Almost still a little cold... but the temperatures in winter rarely go below -2, -3°C.
The olive tree on the picture is quite small (it is 12 years old) but it gives a lot of olives. I have a much bigger one (about 400-500 years old).

Where do you live in Germany ?
Maybe the olive trees will have a hard time growing there... but you can wear sheepskin jackets more easily than I can. ;)

DSC_0728.jpg

Last edited:

Kermit3D

He had a person to help him a few years back Kermit but it didn't work out so hopefully it goes better this time around.

He might be a bit slow and not the best with the email side of the business but he just happens to be an absolutely lovely and charming chap, possibly the nicest chap out of all the makers we know.

I totally agree.