• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Late afternoon wandering clad in the too big ELC RW 1401 P, yes the very same jacket that is due to be euthanised ...unless someone makes me an offer I can't refuse ;

20210421_174628.jpg

Kermit3D

Here in Michigan we got our customary April snow yesterday, a parting middle finger from old man winter. It was still cold this morning when I left to mail off a zipper to Burt, so I figured this was my last chance of the year to wear my Aero Irvin:
View attachment 58551
View attachment 58552

La classe ! :cool:
I like the Irvins more and more.
This snow is refreshing. In the south of France it was 23°C this afternoon, I have more and more difficulties to wear my A2 but I'm hanging on ! I feel that the jacket season is ending... :confused:

Smithy

La classe ! :cool:
I like the Irvins more and more.
This snow is refreshing. In the south of France it was 23°C this afternoon, I have more and more difficulties to wear my A2 but I'm hanging on ! I feel that the jacket season is ending... :confused:

I have a French mate who lives here and was actually talking with him today and he'd said that Paris was apparently 20 today already so I can imagine you're pushing the mid 20s in the south.

We were 13 yesterday and today? 3.

917_k

Thanks guys! It’s a 42, so bang on the money size wise.

You do love a B-15, don't ya?

Probably my favourite flight jacket, I’m up to 8 now and have every iteration from the B-15 through to B-15D. Will do a post soon with the latest.

In terms of this specific jacket, I think Gardner Corporation jackets are more common than the Reed Products or Great Lakes jackets, but the B series is rare either way. Date wise Gardner made these between 1949-50, so it’s a solidly Korean War era jacket.

Micawber

Hmmm, so what's different today? Same old bloke (but smiling for a change) wearing the same old cap, same blue sky...

Different dog ..but you will have to take my word on that as he is sitting out of frame, different stick, different boots (sorry not repro GI issue but Dubarry's), oh and a different jacket - one of Platon's Dubow's (that's had the piss worn out of it as Burt would say plus a bit of additional magic) with Catch-22 patch bought from Silver Surfer and added using a Juki walking foot industrial sewing machine by yours truly.

20210422_120613.jpg