• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Milder today, warm enough for just a fleece shirt and GW Acme while pottering about and saying hi to some of the neddies...

20210307_144539.jpg

Dany McDonald

Micawber, Is it just me or GW Aero are in their class by themself by having this "original" look and feel. The leather fades/ages like if it was sourced from the 1940's and those red knits makes quite a convincing recreation... Man that's nice.

Think my NOS Crown has to go on one of these... one day... ;)

Dany

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

Today it's an original (in very good condition) Albert Turner B-15C Drawing NO. 51B3565-4, in a mild but frosty sunny day. The waistband and wristlets are very thick and still elastic with no holes and original to the jacket. The zips (main missing leather puller...) work flawlessly and mouton still plush and firm. Layered with a repro Buzz Shirt-Flight-Woolen 55S40(AER). A high quality of a recreation, judging by the thickness and feel of the fabric and overall attention to details.

Albert_Turner_B-15C.jpg

Dany

Micawber

Micawber, Is it just just me or GW Aero are in their class by themself by having this "original" look and feel. The leather fades/ages like if it was sourced from the 1940's and those red knits makes quite a convincing recreation... Man that's nice.

Think my NOS Crown has to go on one of these... one day... ;)

Dany

I bought this one used, well used, and I have worn it hard in all conditions doing all sorts of jobs ever since. I don't look upon A-2's as formal wear but treat most of them as work gear and they are the ones that take on the patina and character ...but realise that philosophy is not for everyone.

Dany McDonald

I bought this one used, well used, and I have worn it hard in all conditions doing all sorts of jobs ever since. I don't look upon A-2's as formal wear but treat most of them as work gear and they are the ones that take on the patina and character ...but realise that philosophy is not for everyone.

I am totally in for that philosophy, a leather kit or even cloth will only develop "some kind" of character/patina through usage and exposure to the elements combined with good care. My old Belstaff and biker jackets were weathered by riding in every conditions, but always taken care by correct proofing and conditioning. Boots included!

Dany

Enigma1938

On this fantastic +7c Sunday we are wearing the
Branded USCG G1
View attachment 54799

You seems to wear only 3 "flight" jackets, branded G1, noble house B3 and the Schott.
May I ask you if you have more flight jackets?
I like the thought that you probably have just that 3 ones because here are some many users (like me) with 10 or more jackets and we can hardly give all of them a good wearing time...
Sometimes I wish I had only too or 3 jackets... SOMETIMES ;)

ausreenactor

You seems to wear only 3 "flight" jackets, branded G1, noble house B3 and the Schott.
I like the thought that you probably have just that 3 ones because here are some many users (like me) with 10 or more jackets and we can hardly give all of them a good wearing time...

Have LOTS of jackets... only wear the ELC Monarch ...... daily..... religiously.

So soft now.......

busdrivermike

I also have a branded A2 and other then an Irvin or D1 I don’t really have
Any others on my future radar. I can’t own multiple of a style my brain
Just won’t allow that unless I stumbled across one in a thrift store

Last edited:

B-Man2

Refurbished B3 BY 5 STAR delivered today leather horsehide facing new pocket buckles and straps as well as a new talon zipper jacket was dis assembled and tailored to my size.View attachment 54860
Hahaha :D
I love it !
a new dimension has been added to fit pics .
Won’t be long now before we have video fit pics, narrated by the wearer .;)
Just load it up to YouTube and post the link .
The possibilities are endless . :D

flyincowboy

Hahaha :D
I love it !
a new dimension has been added to fit pics .
Won’t be long now before we have video fit pics, narrated by the wearer .;)
Just load it up to YouTube and post the link .
The possibilities are endless . :D
might be a good idea!