• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

London Cabbie

miserable dull grey day in London, so dug out an old 30s/40s long grey double breasted leather German coat for a walk to the shops. I bought it i a flea market in Franfurt in late '70s , could be a wartime one, doesn't have any labels. I doubt it's military but someone might have an idea, has an unusal single button fastening. Unfortunately the buckle is missing from the belt and i haven't managed to find any that would work.View attachment 54374
‘Allo ‘Allo...

Smithy

Love that jacket . Why ELC moved away from making them with that hide to the stuff they use now, makes no sense other than it’s cheaper to produce the new stuff .

Those new dry, cardboardy hides are bloody awful.

I'm pleased I bought mine when they still had beautiful skins and I didn't have to sell a kidney on the black market to pay for the thing!

B-Man2

As I mentioned Tim ... Those older hides were so much better than what’s being put out today , the only logical reason they went to this new stuff must be bigger profits .

Smithy

As I mentioned Tim ... Those older hides were so much better than what’s being put out today , the only logical reason they went to this new stuff must be bigger profits .

Seems to be all they're interested in these days Burt.

I'd be all over an Aero now if I was after a new Irvin.

ausreenactor

This is why I support the theory that a good second jackets value is dragged up by the increased prices on newer, yet inferior jackets....

Brettafett

Dubow (Platon)
JaDubowMfg 06:02:21.jpg