• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

London Cabbie

ADB594ED-11EF-4401-9165-55B55027746B.jpeg
Just over a year now, Platon Dubow, extremely comfortable doesn’t feel like I’m wearing it...

B-Man2

Just had to duck outside and check that the gate wasn't about to become an airborne missile with the wind really starting to crank itself up now. Jerry Sumpftarn '44 winter parka to the rescue, love using this coat to do anything manual when the weather is bad. No photo, it's pitch dark, winds are nearing hurricane force so not much chance of a pretty selfie.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the parka in calmer weather (btw these are terrific repros, colour, pattern, weight, even the little details like the "shield" buttons are excellently done)

lbXbkKv.jpg
Tim
Is this an ATF , or an S&M Wholesale repro ?

Smithy

Tim
Is this an ATF , or an S&M Wholesale repro ?

ATF Burt.

Like all of the ATF stuff I've had this is really sturdily constructed which I love because if feels and behaves like proper military surplus kit not cosplay rubbish. I use it for physical work outside and it's brilliant, rugged and tough as old boots.

They do them in Splinter camouflage as well if that tickles your fancy more. They're sized just like originals too so get your normal size and you have room to layer under it as you should do.

B-Man2

ATF Burt.

Like all of the ATF stuff I've had this is really sturdily constructed which I love because if feels and behaves like proper military surplus kit not cosplay rubbish. I use it for physical work outside and it's brilliant, rugged and tough as old boots.

They do them in Splinter camouflage as well if that tickles your fancy more. They're sized just like originals too so get your normal size and you have room to layer under it as you should do.
I was just browsing around their website and I don’t see them list anymore . I wonder if they stopped carrying them .

Smithy

I was just browsing around their website and I don’t see them list anymore . I wonder if they stopped carrying them .

ATF does runs of stuff so there can be periods where they're out of stock. I'd be very surprised if they've stopped making them as ATF have said they've been very popular.

Saying that it's worth getting in touch with Rolin and asking as sometimes they have one or two left in storage. It'll also give him a chivvy up to get another run going.

Griffon_301

Ph

Phil
That A2 has broken in nicely....Is that a RW 27752?

Thank you for the compliment! It is a RW 27752 and I bought it from Bryce in the fall of 2019.
It was looking that way already when I got it and it just gets nicer with time...
I never was a big fan of A-2s as I was (and still am) more of a Navy jacket guy, but this A-2 model has changed my opinion somewhat...so who knows, if I ever find a good Star or Werber contract model, I might be tempted to add it to my collection as well...

Dimitry M

Pulled this one out of the closet to air it out on this chilly morning . An ELC Monarch 352nd Fighter Group A2 with Rigger interior cargo pockets .
It’s easy to see why the “Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney” preferred this addition to their A2s as it afforded a lot of extra room to carry maps , survival gear and a sandwich or two for those long flights.
View attachment 51534

View attachment 51535
I hope this is a decent question. I was wondering how the inside pockets are attached. Are they sewn into the liner or do they go through the leather and the stitching is hidden behind the external pockets?

Nickb123

Nick
You've accumulated a nice collection of jackets... that ones a lifetime keeper as are your others.

too kind. I’m getting better about buying jackets I’ll probably keep for the long run. Buying smarter, almost all purchased used. I have a GW Doniger coming in today LOL.

Out of the bunch, so far the ELC A-1 has stolen the show. Love that style. May have to buy a .50 Cal one later this year.

the only one I’m iffy about is the Cockpit Top Gun in a 44. It just sits haha. That said, right up there with the best G-1s I’ve tried. Heavy motha. Not sure if it’s all the patches or if they add an extra layer in the sleeves; it feels like it has some added weight to it.

Last edited: