• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

London Cabbie

Just wanted to post my Aero A2 16160 Seal Brown ‘Kelpie’ Tea Core. Very Slooowwwlllyy wearing in. Like all my favourite jackets, it gets better every time I put it on... Once again thanks to the VLJForum in guidance.
0110B8F8-57C2-41D6-B747-8D3C5392BC26.jpeg

B-Man2

Pulled this one out of the closet to air it out on this chilly morning . An ELC Monarch 352nd Fighter Group A2 with Rigger interior cargo pockets .
It’s easy to see why the “Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney” preferred this addition to their A2s as it afforded a lot of extra room to carry maps , survival gear and a sandwich or two for those long flights.
BBF27D60-A1D0-4F7F-ADB0-A842644E9962.jpeg

06F6C9F4-E4DD-499F-9F2F-3D1B630ABB94.jpeg

Smithy

I'm thinking a suit of armour might be the go if I venture outside today. We have a massive storm called Frank hitting today with winds going to be gusting up to between 35 to 50 m/s (Hurricane force is anything above 32 m/s).

SMS messages from the local government warning it will be dangerous to be outdoors due to risk of getting hit by something and also a high risk of frostbite.

Good book, nice bottle of French red might be the go I think!

Micawber

Mild and sunny today. Despite not feeling great I felt I needed to get out so thought I would try taking a drive around the old airfield out the back here. The site has long history going back centuries, the airfield was used by several top secret projects during WW2.

I'm wearing an ELC RW B-3 apparently from hides especially selected by Gary in return for work by the original owner who I purchased it from. It had only been worn on a few occasions. Having lost lots of weight recently the jacket hangs on me now ....but won't be going anywhere.

I'm standing in front of an original T2 hangar. History was made here.

Back home now and very, very tired.

View attachment 49500

Slapping a tiny bit of conditioner on some of the leather this morning gave me the opportunity to grab some closer photos of the above B-3 for whoever wanted them. Interior and exterior light.

20210121_133055.jpg
20210121_121457.jpg
20210121_132832.jpg
20210121_132734.jpg
20210121_121327.jpg

Smithy

Just had to duck outside and check that the gate wasn't about to become an airborne missile with the wind really starting to crank itself up now. Jerry Sumpftarn '44 winter parka to the rescue, love using this coat to do anything manual when the weather is bad. No photo, it's pitch dark, winds are nearing hurricane force so not much chance of a pretty selfie.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the parka in calmer weather (btw these are terrific repros, colour, pattern, weight, even the little details like the "shield" buttons are excellently done)

lbXbkKv.jpg