• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Tylbor

It was cold today in Warsaw. And we have some snow too, which means it's a perfect weather for a 1962 N-3B parka. And a pair of M1965 mittens. I love the USAF stencil on the left shoulder.

IMG_1643.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG

ausreenactor

Newly arrived Toys McCoy B3 courtesy of Mr Lever of this Parish on an exciting trip out in the snow. I say exciting, I mean "to the post box" but one gets ones kicks where one can these days ... mind you the Toys is just that and really comfortable. Posting cards to keep family spirits up?
Maybe less so but good to get out nonetheless.
View attachment 51257
Paying for itself already!

Micawber

Yeah ..... but what kind of sun glasses are you wearing ;):D

:D

Well, since you ask they are Savile Row [Algha] round rolled gold frames fitted with my prescription bifocal lenses that have a sunlight reactive coating.

https://savileroweyewear.com/frames

Algha have been around for many, many years, I have several pairs as I find they last longer than other frames and the exceptionally long design life means spares are available and repairs easy.

A little more insight here ....as I say you did ask ;):D:D:D

B-Man2

:D

Well, since you ask they are Savile Row [Algha] round rolled gold frames fitted with my prescription bifocal lenses that have a sunlight reactive coating.

https://savileroweyewear.com/frames

Algha have been around for many, many years, I have several pairs as I find they last longer than other frames and the exceptionally long design life means spares are available and repairs easy.

A little more insight here ....as I say you did ask ;):D:D:D

I did didn’t I :D;)
And an “insightful” response
( See what I did there? Glasses ... sight ... insightful ..... oh never mind :rolleyes:);)

Lord Flashheart

Yes, yes, yes Burt. Well done.

But you didn’t ask about the yellow thing in Micawbers right hand did you?

Sunglasses? I think the story doesn’t end there Sherlock does it? ;)

Bombing IP

Saville Row manufacturing they are using pre war machines to make their frames ,and if you notice the workers are also close to retiring same story in every industry no investment in skill and knowledge for the future .When's the last time you heard someones son is an apprentice . I was one in England for 4 years as a Millwright at Hawker Siddeley Aviation . Same story here in America in industry if you get hired and pass the probation period you are one .Even though you no nothing about the job ,my brother is a design engineer at Boeing and they hire people of the street and train them for 6 weeks and let them loose on making planes F18s he say its a disaster .The FAA has shut them down 3 times for FOD ,I would not want to be a pilot with the crap they are putting together now .The more the years pass the more the skilled men are retiring and it gets worse because the knowlede and the skill is walking out the door . Your glasses look great Steve and are well made with a view to lasting ,you know old school thinking with men having been trained by masters .

BIP OUT

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Found this out about your glasses Steve ,I learn something every day !.

Savile Row frames attract an iconic celebrity following, including Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, John Lennon, Denzel Washington, Steve Jobs, Audrey Hepburn, Rihanna, Harrison Ford and even Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter. Our factory, Algha Works, still uses machinery dating back to its origins in 1898. Our frame makers are passionate about creating unique pieces that never go out of style. Hundreds of processes, days of work and years of experience are evident in each tailor-made frame. Like its namesake, Savile Row's hand-crafted frames must be felt to be experienced. Our frames pay homage to a rich history while attracting a young discerning clientele. Savile Row is tailored eyewear at its finest.

BIP OUT

Last edited:

Bombing IP

While were at it ..

Le Chameau are the only rubber boots to be handmade by a single master bootmaker, each pair is unique. Using the highest quality materials and with a range of iconic and innovative styles, Le Chameau Maîtres Bottiers have been making our boots by hand for over 90 years. Our processes are a unique combination of traditional skills, passed from generation to generation, and technical innovation which has kept us at the forefront of our craft. Over time technology, flair and craftsmanship have created collections for all occasions – for town and country. Discerning men and women all over the world are devotees of Le Chameau boots.

BIP

B-Man2

BIP :)
Now that’s some impressive research!
I have to say that if I were wearing all of that quality merchandise here in the US, I’d be more afraid of getting mugged for my boots and sun glasses than I would for my Rolex:D;)

Last edited: