• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Cocker

It's pretty cold, outside, so still wearing my Five Star D-1? Can't get enough of this one!

1610393417195.png

Edit: now with correct version of the picture, sorry for the blurry mess up...

Last edited:

Smithy

Bloody freezing here, ambient temperature of -6 but with windchill it's -16. There's an easterly too which is almost the worst because it comes all the way from Siberia and because we're above the level of the Urals here there's nothing to stop it or slow it down, so it's blown across the steppes for thousands of kms and it's a savagely harsh wind. We only saw the sun again (briefly for a minute or so before it disappeared again) for the first time yesterday so it's dark and cold. Too dark and cold for anything other than parkas at the moment, either the Wehrmacht Sumpftarn winter one with thermals and wool or the Canada Goose. No chance of an Irvin, my kidneys would freeze ;-)

B-Man2

Bloody freezing here, ambient temperature of -6 but with windchill it's -16. There's an easterly too which is almost the worst because it comes all the way from Siberia and because we're above the level of the Urals here there's nothing to stop it or slow it down, so it's blown across the steppes for thousands of kms and it's a savagely harsh wind. We only saw the sun again (briefly for a minute or so before it disappeared again) for the first time yesterday so it's dark and cold. Too dark and cold for anything other than parkas at the moment, either the Wehrmacht Sumpftarn winter one with thermals and wool or the Canada Goose. No chance of an Irvin, my kidneys would freeze ;-)
Tim
The next time you’re outside with all that going on, please post a photo of your weather so I’ll stop whining about it being to warm here for jackets ;)
BTW Good to have you back mate !

Last edited:

Smithy

Tim
The next time your outside with all that going on, please post a photo of your weather so I’ll stop whining about it being to warm here for jackets ;)
BTW Good to have you back mate !

Thanks Burt!.

It's lovely to be able to visit again. I've got a package that I'll be plonking you in the post for you ;-)

How about those Eagles eh this year? :(

B-Man2

Thanks Burt!.

It's lovely to be able to visit again. I've got a package that I'll be plonking you in the post for you ;-)

How about those Eagles eh this year? :(
Ohhh....... The Eagles ...... the pain ..... the embarrassment ..... In case you haven’t heard Doug Peterson the head coach who took them to the Super Bowl 3 years ago has been fired.
In Philly ... yesterday doesn’t count for anything .... it’s what have you done for us today:rolleyes:

Tylbor

Neither vintage, nor very stylish. This ECWCS parka is very comfortable and gives the ultimate protection against heavy rain, wind and cold when worn with an Icelandic sweater or a NOS M1951 parka liner.
Of course this liner is a joke and I can't resist playing a fashionista — tanker jacket works better :D

IMG_1534a.jpg

Bombing IP

Neither vintage, nor very stylish. This ECWCS parka is very comfortable and gives the ultimate protection against heavy rain, wind and cold when worn with an Icelandic sweater or a NOS M1951 parka liner.
Of course this liner is a joke and I can't resist playing a fashionista — tanker jacket works better :D

View attachment 51035
Had one of those when they fist came out ,sold it it was so damm noisy for deer hunting got rid of it ,and it did not make me a believer in Goretex it was like wearing a plastic bag .

BIP OUT