• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

27752. I think I’ve come up the elusive adjective to describe russet: woody.
1148283F-7EA5-4341-B224-43284AAFD458.jpeg

tjoenn

I had a great ELC Irvin with original zips. The B-3 has a pocket for my 'whizz wheel'. The Irvin doesn't! ;)
Had to google again, but did not get any wiser :) I always loved B-3, but have to admit the Irvin is growing on me. Bought an original from Pilot which looks great and which I wear occasionally.

Brettafett

Recently received my new ELC B-15, this is a 42.
Fits great! I love my ELC B-10 to bits and still think the B-10 is iconic! I am not a big fan of the B-15's 'big' collar in comparison to the B-10...
I must say though, the B-15 is more practical with these amazing hand warmer pockets, and there are two huge pockets on the inside, almost the entire chest.
It feels a bit more robust, comp the B-10 also.. different shell material.
This jacket has already been out for a misty walk and its chilly out there. I didn't care... My B-15 is warm!
Brett ELC B-15 42 2020.jpg

newagegeezer

with reference to the Irvin love going on, here's a photo I just came across of me in one of my originals (I had 2, just one now) with my jeep on the 40th Normandy Dday tour in 1984. lousy night photo, that's how they were back then. Have USAAF flying trousers on as well as it was always wet and cold in Normandy in early June, just like the real thing.
016.JPG

mulceber

Fits great! I love my ELC B-10 to bits and still think the B-10 is iconic! I am not a big fan of the B-15's 'big' collar in comparison to the B-10...
I must say though, the B-15 is more practical with these amazing hand warmer pockets, and there are two huge pockets on the inside, almost the entire chest.
This jacket has already been out for a misty walk and its chilly out there. I didn't care... My B-15 is warm!

Fantastic, Brett! Didn’t know you were even considering ordering one, but it looks like it was a great decision!

Nickb123

View attachment 48176

Dude, that’s your best one yet.

tjoenn

with reference to the Irvin love going on, here's a photo I just came across of me in one of my originals (I had 2, just one now) with my jeep on the 40th Normandy Dday tour in 1984. lousy night photo, that's how they were back then. Have USAAF flying trousers on as well as it was always wet and cold in Normandy in early June, just like the real thing.View attachment 48178
Looks like 1944 :)