• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

First day of the season that was too cold for an A-2 (okay, if this was February, I'd probably say it's great A-2 weather, but it's October), so I'm wearing a BD B-10 for the first time, other than trying it on when it arrived.
View attachment 46260

Very nice Jan and I bet Natalie likes your Dong :D

- Sorry mate, I couldn't resist! Joking aside that's a cracking B-10 and the fit looks excellent. Period photos for the most part show these fitting ever so slightly less fitted than for the most part an A-2 and that really looks the biz. Bet it's damn comfy too!

mulceber

Very nice Jan and I bet Natalie likes your Dong :D

- Sorry mate, I couldn't resist! Joking aside that's a cracking B-10 and the fit looks excellent. Period photos for the most part show these fitting ever so slightly less fitted than for the most part an A-2 and that really looks the biz. Bet it's damn comfy too!

Indeed she does! I’d say she wants one of her own, but that might be taking this thread in a bit too much of a Freudian direction. o_O:oops::p

Maverickson

Hi All,

Just back from casting my (early) ballot. It took me three and 1/2 hours to get through the line. Currently 50 degrees with a sustained 25 mph Northerly wind. The final results of hurricane Zeta passing through.

In doing I wore my size 44 AN-J-3A. A civilian model Monarch and one of my go to jackets. Moreover, one of the most comfortable jackets I own period.

Cheers, Dave
Civilian AN Model Monarch.jpg

AN Style Monarch Completed Reverse.jpg

After 12 years of collecting, this is the only original size 44 AN model Monarch I've seen to date. Completely restored by me from the ground up and pattern jacket for my repros.

Cheers, Dave

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Hi All,

Just back from casting my (early) ballot. It took me three and 1/2 hours to get through the line. Currently 50 degrees with a sustained 25 mph Northerly wind. The final results of hurricane Zeta passing through.

In doing I wore my size 44 AN-J-3A. A civilian model Monarch and one of my go to jackets. Moreover, one of the most comfortable jackets I own period.

Cheers, DaveView attachment 46268

View attachment 46269

After 12 years of collecting, this is the only original size 44 AN model Monarch I've seen to date. Completely restored by me from the ground up and pattern jacket for my repros.

Cheers, Dave
Really nice...

Greg Gale

@Grant I love that color! Makes me want to get a russet too.
Don’t you find the jacket a bit short in the torso? I mean it fits me the same, but it looks great on you, so maybe it’s in my heeeeeaaaad, in my heeeeead...

Grant

Hahaha, yeah it's tad short in the torso, but then again so is my original Dubow. I had to size up to a 44 in Platon's Dubow compared to my usual 42 in Eastman or most originals. Russet rules! :cool: