• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Minus temperatures all day today (-1 to -3) so the Irvin and my "manual labour" B-10 to carry and change from summer tyres to the winter ones.

No photos, everyone has seen these jackets a zillion times over the years here ;)

Smithy

My new Aero leather Sunburst in Natural Vicenza - I’m wearing it View attachment 45687every day to age it properly But sadly there’s no strong sun to ‘tan’ it

Not my bag but nice fitting jacket and once it gets "sunburnt" and some handling wear it'll look much better.

My wife has a natural leather handbag and it's some of the nicest looking and patinaed leather I have ever seen, probably much better than any of my jackets!

robrinay

I’m a fan of the back of those jackets . Any chance of a photo ? What color is that? Thanks
It’s colour is ‘natural’ ie no stains just undyed tanned horsehide.
4ADC7D19-427B-4E50-9C40-62FF22551115.jpeg

B-Man2

The colour will darken considerably with wear and sun exposure which is why it’s my daily wearer.
Rob
Ahh now I get it !
If that’s a size 46 or 48 , would it be too much to ask that you post some measurements for me ?
Thanks

robrinay

Ok thanks anyway ... Aeros always seem to run small on me so 44 measurements wouldn’t work, but again .. thanks
My fit was measured accurately by eye in a few seconds when Ken looked up at me as I walked into the factory In October 2012. He checked it with a standard 44” jacket off the rail. I’d driven up with my wife Liz to make sure of the fit as it seemed like a vast amount to spend on a jacket (Kudu Dustbowl) and as a Yorkshireman I didn’t want to risk cash on anything other than a good fit. These days I just send them the measurements they ask for but ask them to compare them to the Dustbowl order.

B-Man2

My fit was measured accurately by eye in a few seconds when Ken looked up at me as I walked into the factory In October 2012. He checked it with a standard 44” jacket off the rail. I’d driven up with my wife Liz to make sure of the fit as it seemed like a vast amount to spend on a jacket (Kudu Dustbowl) and as a Yorkshireman I didn’t want to risk cash on anything other than a good fit. These days I just send them the measurements they ask for but ask them to compare them to the Dustbowl order.
The dust bowl jacket is actually the one I’m interested in... do they run small ?

Earloffunk

Not just Cabbie, I was going to ask too. He just beat me to it. Man that's nice. I'm still thinking Buffalo Hide would really work on one like that.

Regards,
I was thinking about the buffalo too but I wanted a solid color. Too much color change in the buffalo for my taste. The steer is really nice and soft. It has a nice texture on the surface too.