• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ausreenactor

ELC Monarch in the Theatre of War. Set to watch The Right Stuff.

20201011_155543.jpg

20201011_155435.jpg

Pilot

I wore this for a walkabout this morning. Love the cooler weather.
If you are one of those buying and leaving an ELC or GW in the box as an investment, go with these Denisons instead. They’ve been there and done it

View attachment 45112
Respect and Honor to those!
Saw them in action... Denisons and their wearers in the Balkans in early 1990ies
Respect!

Well it's not a actual British wartime one.....the dye intensity is waaaay too strong to be a legitimate piece (since it was meant to wash out and look like a French workman's smock)
You may have a post war one (which I doubt with that half zip) but I'm thinking it's a Belgian brushstroke smock due to the dyes and the edges on the pocket flaps

Officer Dibley

Unlike most people who are happy to waste lots of time explaining to idiots, i am not bothered. I have a lot of experience on WW2 & post airborne kit. I’ll leave this with you - idiot
I detest self appointed “experts” & why i don’t bother coming on here much any more. Johnny come lately’s who think they know everything
115CB9A6-CF9C-429C-B0E0-46745CA0351C.jpeg

Unlike most people who are happy to waste lots of time explaining to idiots, i am not bothered. I have a lot of experience on WW2 & post airborne kit. I’ll leave this with you - idiot
I detest self alponted “experts”
View attachment 45113
And that isn't a actual wartime issued smock
The snaps aren't Newey,the label isn't accurate.......the dye intensity is waaaay too strong......
I work for the Australian War Memorial mate so have actually handled these things for a living...... and have handled ones by a British company (Kay canvas from memory) which the labels look roughly like
You might have a fantastic reproduction of the original but it's NOT the original
I'm sick of people passing off modern made items as "vintage" and "retro"

Officer Dibley

Nope, you are still full of shit “mate”...... i don’t care who you’ve worked for or what you have read. You know not with whom you are talking to. I’ve owned over 30 Denisons from the earliest to the very last model made. Your employers need to sack you because you are full of shit. It is a 1946 Denison bought from a friend who’s dad was issued it. Try doing a google search and maybe read “Denison”.
Here’s a pic from it
6C755959-515B-48BE-9FC6-992BBF713316.jpeg

You need to disappear before you make yourself look an even bigger bellend

ausreenactor

I detest self appointed “experts” & why i don’t bother coming on here much any more. Johnny come lately’s who think they know everything
View attachment 45113

Says Newey on all of those snaps?