• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Is this a Spanish background Ties? How is it going down south?

Hey Trevor,

despite the circumstances (you know, the pandemic and all...), we are doing pretty good here. If you consider that this is plan C for our sabbatical ((A) being in Canada right now; changed to (B) (staying a whole year in Florida and planning it for almost two years)), going to Spain with less than three months of preparation and in the middle of a global pandemic doesn't feel sooo bad after all...

The place where we live is a little bit outside of Marbella, in the US you would call it a "gated community". The City itself is deserted, as foreign tourist did not come to Andalucia this year. The beaches are pretty empty , except when Spanish families on Sundays bring the garden pavillion, bags of food and at least three generations of family members.....this is basically where Spain gets its infection rates from.

Nevertheless, Andalucia is better off then the Spanish average, and much better than for example the US or the UK. It might be safer in Germany, but only until the cold and flu season starts...

I am working from home, the kid is at school (tiny classes, strictly kept in their own class "bubbles", wearing masks all day), and the Mrs. has contact with four other women from Spanish classes.

The mountain in the back "calls" for me every day...there don't seem to be any good hiking trails available, though, at least not in our area.
Yes, I can hear you saying "Well, then start 15 clicks off the peak and walk there...piece of cake...a typical "Kandahar PE"!" ....but I am old...and lazy...

"House" beach...
IMG_20200912_1659539~2.jpg

Strait of Gibraltar...and yes, it's Africa in the background...
IMG_20200926_1210561-panorama.jpg

If everythings runs as smoothly as it currently does, we will be here until next June...My "What jacket..." contributions will be limited to MTO...

Take care!

Ties

B-Man2

Hey Trevor,

despite the circumstances (you know, the pandemic and all...), we are doing pretty good here. If you consider that this is plan C for our sabbatical ((A) being in Canada right now; changed to (B) (staying a whole year in Florida and planning it for almost two years)), going to Spain with less than three months of preparation and in the middle of a global pandemic doesn't feel sooo bad after all...

The place where we live is a little bit outside of Marbella, in the US you would call it a "gated community". The City itself is deserted, as foreign tourist did not come to Andalucia this year. The beaches are pretty empty , except when Spanish families on Sundays bring the garden pavillion, bags of food and at least three generations of family members.....this is basically where Spain gets its infection rates from.

Nevertheless, Andalucia is better off then the Spanish average, and much better than for example the US or the UK. It might be safer in Germany, but only until the cold and flu season starts...

I am working from home, the kid is at school (tiny classes, strictly kept in their own class "bubbles", wearing masks all day), and the Mrs. has contact with four other women from Spanish classes.

The mountain in the back "calls" for me every day...there don't seem to be any good hiking trails available, though, at least not in our area.
Yes, I can hear you saying "Well, then start 15 clicks off the peak and walk there...piece of cake...a typical "Kandahar PE"!" ....but I am old...and lazy...

"House" beach...
View attachment 44382

View attachment 44383

If everythings runs as smoothly as it currently does, we will be here until next June...My "What jacket..." contributions will be limited to MTO...

Take care!

Ties

Great Photos Ties.... Got your PM:)

ausreenactor

Hey Trevor,

"House" beach...
View attachment 44382

View attachment 44383

Take care!

Ties

Good things for good people. You have worked hard to give yourself options. Enjoy!