• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Spitfireace

Thought I'd try on the BR B-15 this morning. Gloomy day looking like fall in Vancouver. Two weeks of smoke up from south Oregon and California has made air quality toxic last two weeks. This jacket feels like wearing a warm blanket. 100% gabardine and lined with 100% alpaca. NOS Conmar 1945
20200919_092020.jpg
zipper. The only jacket more authentic is the real issue.

Spitfireace

A splendid sneak preview of an early fall this week! This morning a lovely 68º with 12mph NNE winds... a low of 53º tonight!!!! Will be low 70s with overnights at mid 50s until thrusday so taking advantage by donning my Bronson Chinos, Dragonboot rough outs and a GW J.A. Dubow... its cloudy, breezy ... perfect for a short walk over to Home Depot to get a couple of things whilst lookin' all 40s and shit.... :p

View attachment 43884View attachment 43885
Nice! I was looking at posters like you have in the background on ebay. There's a guy with some nice reprints. The real deal is of course expensive, but even buying the reprints and buying a frame is not cheap.

Edward

Nice! I was looking at posters like you have in the background on ebay. There's a guy with some nice reprints. The real deal is of course expensive, but even buying the reprints and buying a frame is not cheap.
I don't recall if I got that reprint off eBay or Etsy but its really sharp and on thick paper with vibrant colors. I have sincevseen 2 originals of that image on eBay but yes, I think they were over $500. I would love to get others one day. but like you say, you have to then factor in the frame as well. I usually try to hit a sale at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. or use their 50% off one item coupon to offset it. not the best frame in the world but for a repro it works just fine.
I do have one original that I paid $400.00 for. hit all the right points for my USAAF man cave... B-17s, A-2 jackets and its a recruiting poster dated 5-16-1942. it has a few minor issues but has character. I look at other originals and sometimes think about it but then I realize I have nothing left in the refrigerator and need to put gas in the car. :p
AAFRecruit1.jpg
AAFRecruit2.jpg

mulceber

Thought I'd try on the BR B-15 this morning. Gloomy day looking like fall in Vancouver. Two weeks of smoke up from south Oregon and California has made air quality toxic last two weeks. This jacket feels like wearing a warm blanket. 100% gabardine and lined with 100% alpaca. NOS Conmar 1945 View attachment 43889zipper. The only jacket more authentic is the real issue.

Sweet! I love the look of the B-15. Cracking good jacket you’ve got there.

Edward

I call that patina....lol
exactly. the glass reflections make it look worse than it actually is. there is minor water stains on the left side and a few at the top but otherwise is decent shape. I often wonder where it was originally posted. probably a college campus or high school somewhere.

Smithy

We have a full storm hitting late tomorrow so I had to take down the kids' trampoline, the pagoda thing my wife has in the garden and stuff the rest of the garden furniture into the garage before all hell breaks loose tomorrow.

As usual I did it all in my WPG A-2. As I've mentioned before, this was one of the pre-release versions (a 1,000 times better than what they eventually released) and I love it even though it doesn't hit the bullseye on the small detail stuff. The knits too, especially the wrist ones are the wrong shape but nearly bulletproof. For all its foibles I love the damn thing, it's built like a brick shithouse, the goatskin drapes exactly like an original would have when new and the cut is beautiful. It's also astonishingly well made. I have been a complete and utter bastard to this jacket and done terrible things in it and it's never once failed. Sorry about the flash photography, it's a dark chocolate shade with reddish hues coming through on the wear points.

There's more accurate jackets but I love this old bugger.

q1SGmqJ.jpg

Spitfireace

We have a full storm hitting late tomorrow so I had to take down the kids' trampoline, the pagoda thing my wife has in the garden and stuff the rest of the garden furniture into the garage before all hell breaks loose tomorrow.

As usual I did it all in my WPG A-2. As I've mentioned before, this was one of the pre-release versions (a 1,000 times better than what they eventually released) and I love it even though it doesn't hit the bullseye on the small detail stuff. The knits too, especially the wrist ones are the wrong shape but nearly bulletproof. For all its foibles I love the damn thing, it's built like a brick shithouse, the goatskin drapes exactly like an original would have when new and the cut is beautiful. It's also astonishingly well made. I have been a complete and utter bastard to this jacket and done terrible things in it and it's never once failed. Sorry about the flash photography, it's a dark chocolate shade with reddish hues coming through on the wear points.

There's more accurate jackets but I love this old bugger.

q1SGmqJ.jpg
Looks nice. Kinda like my Flight Apparel Industries. Mines made in New Jersey so I like that it's authentic that way.

Smithy

The thing I was thinking as I looked at those knits, Tim. Is they’d be damn near perfect for a SAT repro, what with its longer knit cuffs. My United Sheeplined is actually similar, come to think.

Have a look at the knits on these ones Jan...

QhwYiUn.jpg

One of the things I love with this jacket is if I photograph it in black and white it looks exactly like these in terms of shade, drape and folding. It's missing the small details but in terms of some of the big stuff it's damn closer than some repros a lot more expensive.

7ZenYav.png