• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Well certainly the numbers and the double envelopment sealed the fate of General Paulis and the 6th German Army , but speaking to the overall kit of the German soldier, he had no extreme cold weather clothing, head wear or foot wear and many of them simply froze to death , where as the Russians had heavy long coats, wool uniforms, winter boots , socks and gloves , and head wear.

They had it, they just didn't think it would be needed so they didn't bother to issue it. They thought they'd roll the Russians up before winter hit in earnest.

Like Ties said, you think they might have done a little historical research first!

Flightengineer

Well certainly the numbers and the double envelopment sealed the fate of General Paulis and the 6th German Army , but speaking to the overall kit of the German soldier, he had no extreme cold weather clothing, head wear or foot wear and many of them simply froze to death , where as the Russians had heavy long coats, wool uniforms, winter boots , socks and gloves , and head wear.

All this is undoubtedly true, but the Russians also had the courage and desire to expel the aggressor from our land. It is stronger than equipment. My uncle (my father's older brother) died in Stalingrad, he was an artillery lieutenant, he was 20 years old only.

Flightengineer

Apologies.

I know the patch is probably on the wrong jacket & the wrong period, but I like it...

Non Stock 1972 ‘The Hunter’ Ma-1?
It doesn’t drape or hang like the one in the movie, even the colours off...

But again I like it and it has a slight vintage look IMO.

(What was the maker & model of Steve McQueens Ma-1...?)View attachment 42769

Steve McQueen wore in the film "The Hunter" MA-1 1976 Greenbrier

ausreenactor

The temps are on the up in this part of the World, but I prefer being home than in the 'Climate controlled, 22 degree A-2 test centre' on base..

Earloffunk

The Few Monarch AN-J-3a

7466ECCD-F186-4AE2-AEA6-6026BB35CF9A.jpeg

MikeyB-17

It’s still too warm for jeans, much less jackets down my way. I put mine on yesterday, then had to go back to shorts! It’ll soon be B-3 (and the new black Buzz Rickson B-10!) weather though. It’s the best thing about this hobby, it gives you something to look forward to Winter for!