• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

@Flightengineer:

Dmitri,

is it true that, when they introduced the Yak-38, they were not sure if they should take fighter or helicopter pilots to train them on the airplane? And soon they decided to start with absolute unexperienced pilots, because the older, experienced ones were unable to learn and manage the totally different VSTOL dynamics..

I think I have read that somehwere...

Ties

Yes, that's true. Firstly combat pilots of naval aviation were retrained, but they were hampered by reflexes and experience of piloting traditional aircraft. Then they began to train pilots right in the flight schools. When I first started, we had one ret. naval Yak-38 pilot in our airline who was start career in late 70s. He said that when he was a cadet, they were separated for groups and some of them studied on the MiG-23 and 27, and his group immediately on the Yak-38. After he served on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific Ocean and talked us a lot about the specifics of piloting this aircraft, their meetings with the F-4 and F-14 and much more.

Flightengineer

Hah, thanks, Dmitri, but they’re nothing to write home about - Docker’s D5 classic fit. ;) One of these days I’m gonna get a pair of BR 1942 chinos...but there’s a couple more jackets on my list first. :oops:

Thanks. Three hours after you wrote this, I quite accidentally bought Full Count US Army Khaki chino and now I 'm absolutely happy with it cause these are the best pants I have to wear with my A2.

Nnatalie

9489E739-D64D-4A77-AA22-D3BB8FA80C69.jpeg

Late evening trip to turn in some paperwork was a good excuse to wear my jacket (accompanied by my “Mother AAF” handkerchief, because I totally have an 18+ year old son who’s fighting overseas)

Brettafett

Hey LC, it’s the their Rough Wear 23380 contract in Liberty Russet Horse Hide. If you do a search for posts by me that have the word “23380”, you’ll find a whole mess of pictures. I’ve posted this jacket a lot. ;)

Its been too warm here in London to wear flight jackets. However I do find myself, trying them on once in a while lol
BK's RW23380 is a fantastic jacket.

London Cabbie

Damn Burt,

you really look like in good shape ...

What kinda pills are you getting every day to get thast athletic look?

If i know the name of 'em i get a bunch and can skip the gym

Jacket looks also cool btw ... - this is the XL - right?

Burt,
Was going to say the same thing. XL looks fantastic. You are in great shape, well done Sir.