• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Doniger_22072020.jpg

It's the @Shawn Ali 's Doniger again.

I currently try to put as much wear into this jacket as possible...we are moving from Hamburg to Spain for the next 10 months, and the jacket will probably only be worn occasionally. I will take it with me, though.

Especially rain and sunshine have done little wonders for the grain and structure in the last few weeks. Plus, I started to put stuff in my pockets ;) ...Strange concept, I know, but I hardly did use the pockets before.

The construction is still strong, so are the materials, especially the knitwear.

Ties

Smithy

Hi guys, just crawled out of the darkness after a month of absence at VLJ. Was very hard time for me - lost my wings, really hope that it's temporary. But still wearing my A2 :)

Only just saw this Dmitry, and my heart goes out to you. I can't work in the fields I have experience and education in currently and as a result I've had to go off and do something entirely different. it's a crazy world which has been turned upside down. Just remember though that this won't be forever.

View attachment 41143

It's the @Shawn Ali 's Doniger again.

I currently try to put as much wear into this jacket as possible...we are moving from Hamburg to Spain for the next 10 months, and the jacket will probably only be worn occasionally. I will take it with me, though.

Especially rain and sunshine have done little wonders for the grain and structure in the last few weeks. Plus, I started to put stuff in my pockets ;) ...Strange concept, I know, but I hardly did use the pockets before.

The construction is still strong, so are the materials, especially the knitwear.

Ties

Great looking jacket Ties.

All the best for the move to Spain. Maybe you won't get to wear jackets so much but I think you'll probably have a lot of different kinds of fun where you don't even think about nor miss wearing a jacket ;-)

Flightengineer

Wow...

Medical? Hope you're doing okay... I understand just how much this means to those in the Flugën world.....

You'll be soaring again in no time..

Stay classy...

Guyes, many thanks you all for the warm words of encouragement. I didn't want to complain...
Couchy, yes, the reasons are partly medical (my turbulent youth in the war in familiar to you one very hot country makes itself felt now after years), partly due to the pandemic crisis and the desire of companies to reduse staff under any pretext, including flight crews. While I'm getting used to work on the ground and although my job now partly related to airplanes, I still hope to return to the cockpit. I already once had such a period in my life before, but then pilots were in demand and with my type rating it was possible to find a job onboard relatively quickly. Now this damn covid lockdown has almost destroyed air travel and airline's management is behaving like a choosy and capricious rich bride.

ties70

Thanks, Jan!

You have probably figured it out by yourself....the white AAF stamp? It's a WPG...

Soooo much wrong with this jacket (compared to high-end repros): seamed wristlets, side-warmer pockets, not to mention the lining.

BUT: It's really comfortable to wear, with a little bit of extra length and space compared to my FEW Reed B-10. The pockets will be closed, soon, the wristlets could be addressed when necessary.

The collar is real mouton, maybe a bit dark...I would not change that, but let weather, sun and UV light work over time...

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Excellent Jorge, I have the same contract and I noticed that the Brill's moutons really brightens faster. But mine is still red and has not turned into a blonde :)
Yes, I have noticed that, too, Dmitry. They develop a great color with the time, honestly mine came like that when I got it, but it is awesome to see how blond they can get. Believe it or not D series are one of my favorites.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Jorge, you just keep posting mint jacket after mint jacket. At this point I almost want to see you post a jacket that's on its last legs, just to confirm you're human like the rest of us. :D
Hahahahahhaha I’ll post some but honestly I try to avoid getting jackets in bad condition because I really don’t like to deal with repairing them, it can be very expensive and I’m a bit OCD. Although there can be always exceptions.