• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Just received this private purchase belonged to a Tomcat pilot. This could work in Fl... :cool:
0FFD69CA-F612-419A-BD73-DF1039FF6C09.jpeg

ButteMT61

Hey @Nickb123 - I empathize my friend. Going through literal hell right now with my Mom (85) and In have to warn anyone who hasn't been there yet, it's ugly. It's sad, and it's lonely. With all the Covid, rioting, etc. this is just icing on the cake to a year I can't wait to forget. Best of luck to you friend. It's hard and until you're there, no real way to grasp how rough it is...

B-Man2

Hey @Nickb123 - I empathize my friend. Going through literal hell right now with my Mom (85) and In have to warn anyone who hasn't been there yet, it's ugly. It's sad, and it's lonely. With all the Covid, rioting, etc. this is just icing on the cake to a year I can't wait to forget. Best of luck to you friend. It's hard and until you're there, no real way to grasp how rough it is...
I did that with my mom and dad before they passed. It’s tough being a caregiver in some respects simply because you are the only one there, who they can vent on when they become frustrated and start to lose their freedom of driving and having to give up their home and no longer have the ability to care for themselves . As a result they lash out at the one person who is trying to help them and is trying to keep them alive .... you.
it’s a crazy dynamic that takes place. Your trying to do your best for them .. and often they are getting pissed off at you. If you’ve never been a care giver for your elderly parents , it’s difficult to understand this experience.
There’s a special place in heaven for guys like you Butte and Nicko ... Hang in there.
Cherrs

ButteMT61

Thanks guys. All of you. Yeah, a grown man on the verge of crying at the drop of a hat isn't what I pictured for myself at this age.
All those things you guys said are true - and the "system" isn't exactly bursting with people wanting to help - on the contrary, they demand services that we simply cannot afford without Mom losing all her assets in the process. Costs are absolutely insane, making college loans look like a pittance in comparison.
I'm scrambling now to just tread water - still have my job, home, family to contend with. Doesn't help that I have a brother who has done nothing but criticize me (and wife) and offers no help.

Apologies for hijacking this thread fellas. :(
But thanks for the positive thoughts.

B-Man2

Thanks guys. All of you. Yeah, a grown man on the verge of crying at the drop of a hat isn't what I pictured for myself at this age.
All those things you guys said are true - and the "system" isn't exactly bursting with people wanting to help - on the contrary, they demand services that we simply cannot afford without Mom losing all her assets in the process. Costs are absolutely insane, making college loans look like a pittance in comparison.
I'm scrambling now to just tread water - still have my job, home, family to contend with. Doesn't help that I have a brother who has done nothing but criticize me (and wife) and offers no help.

Just one final thought . Now that both of my parents are gone, I know that while it was really difficult ... I did exactly the right thing and have no regrets . I can live with myself knowing that I did the best that I could do for them . I have no guilt or regrets. That makes my life better today. Yours will be too.... when the time comes.

Nickb123

likewise Scott. I empathize with you too my friend. This is a tough time for everyone with all of the worldly shit going on....one day at a time and positivity and love is all we can do. My poor mom, never has drawn the longer stick once in her life, is the one this is affecting the most. (Like your family, her sister is largely absent, even vindictive at times, whether by design or not. High anxiety just runs in the fam. It's wrong to even mention, but I told her I'm giving her 90% of the will alotted to me. Circumvents the familial crap.
It's her dad after all. Not to say it isn't easy not to blow one's lid. I have several times. But onwards...less tv, more yardwork and other tasks to distract. Things will get better. My mom's certainly going to Heaven. Sounds like you're doing noble work yourself.

On a positive note, I wiped my first ass the other day!

Last edited:

Brettafett

Just one final thought . Now that both of my parents are gone, I know that while it was really difficult ... I did exactly the right thing and have no regrets . I can live with myself knowing that I did the best that I could do for them . I have no guilt or regrets. That makes my life better today. Yours will be too.... when the time comes.
This is/was my experience also, and agree whole heartedly.

Brettafett

likewise Scott. I empathize with you too my friend. This is a tough time for everyone with all of the worldly shit going on....one day at a time and positivity and love is all we can do. My poor mom, never has drawn the longer stick once in her life, is the one this is affecting the most. (Like your family, her sister is largely absent, even vindictive at times, whether by design or not. High anxiety just runs in the fam.
It's her dad after all. Not to say it isn't easy not to blow one's lid. I have several times. But onwards...less tv, more yardwork and other tasks to distract. Things will get better. My mom's certainly going to Heaven. On a positive note, I wiped my first ass the other day!
Yes, I know about this Nick... It's surreal. Puts life into perspective... We really are a bunch with a lot in common... Company is a good thing.

Smithy

All the best Scott. I don't think anyone will mind me saying that 2020 has been a right royal fuck up. Take care and look after yourself and yours mate.

We have a little thing we say back home when times are tough. It's used in wartime, it's used in disasters, it's used when life has well and truly kicked you in the nuts. It's only two words but the power they hold for NZers is quite remarkable, and it's a rallying cry that'll you'll say to family or a friend or anybody having a really hard time or in a bad or dangerous situation. It's "kia kaha" and it means "be/stay strong" and there's an underlying connotation of emboldening the strength of character. I hope this little piece of Kiwi encouragement helps an American friend.

Kia kaha Scott.

Edward

Which is the 'fave'?
most definitely the GoodWear Chapman made J.A. Dubow! the leather is so decadent! its so strong yet so silky soft almost as if it was goat. I guess thats the quality of the aniline finish veg-tanned Italian horsehide John uses? it just feels so much more relaxed and comfortable to me than the warhorse (Percheron draft?) that ELC is using. I am of course assuming what breed and kind of horse a company uses... not sure if ELC and GW are using the same breed or not but the ELC seems somewhat stiffer somehow than the GW even after 3 years of wearing it. I love it don't get me wrong but what kind of meat tenderizer are they using in Italy? :p

mulceber

This last page and a half is why this is the best board I’ve ever been on. From awesome jackets to supporting each other in our worst moments.

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through right now, Butte. It sounds like you’re giving your mother the best help you could be giving her under the circumstances.