• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Grant

Now that it's warmer out, breaking out the old Eastman A-1 get some wear.

A1.jpg
A122.jpg

zoomer

Another good turn RRL did is to make the Healy jacket, a 37J1 cut on the old leather pattern but in decently heavy jungle cloth. And it's generously sized - an XXL is an XXL at 52" chest and 49" waist. Unlined for breezy summer evenings but layering is an option in shoulder season.
IMG_6133.JPG

There's a garment-bleached fade that is just a touch "rock star" (you can see the original shade inside). But it doesn't bother me because this is such a quality piece.
IMG_6182.JPGIMG_6191.JPGIMG_6197.JPG

This was on eBay at 40% off retail. There is one other listed at the moment in that size.

Last edited:

ButteMT61

Honestly, RRL makes some great jackets. Not correct mind you but that’s OK. High quality and often times better looking than those jackets they get inspiration from.
Need that NASA jacket!
If they launch today, I will pray they are safe.

Smithy

Honestly, RRL makes some great jackets. Not correct mind you but that’s OK. High quality and often times better looking than those jackets they get inspiration from.
Need that NASA jacket!
If they launch today, I will pray they are safe.

Couldn't agree more Scott, some of RRL's stuff is beautiful. Sure they've done the odd lemon but I'll always support them because as a brand they have done more to keep alive and champion Golden Era cuts, tailoring and fashion than any other. I'll also add that every RRL thing I have is just exquisitely put together. Maybe I got lucky but everything I've had from them is top notch.

ButteMT61

^^ totally true. And if you’re a sly shopper you can find the occasional great deal on the bay for a “last season” piece.
i doubt anyone makes more gear of this era.