• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Out of the house today for a bit of fresh air with @Nnatalie. I wore my BK RW 23380, she had on her no-name '30s capeskin(?) jacket.
DE3967AF-E4A4-415E-901F-168FD896A7E6_1_105_c.jpeg

9F1EFA42-F835-4568-AA3F-4EFA88A80099_1_105_c.jpeg

Micawber

Should we keep fingers crossed for more shearling WX?:). Here's a little motivation...

Oh no no no no, that footage is from the recent Spitfire documentary and I much prefer the original soundtrack, the simplicity of which touched my soul when I saw it in the cinema and still does...

Last edited:

Wholenineyards

Oh no no no no, that footage is from the recent Spitfire documentary and I much prefer the original soundtrack, the simplicity of which touched my soul when I saw it in the cinema and still does...

I must admit, I like Spitfires and Hurricanes in any form of müßig, but the Merlin engine sound will always IT!:)))

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Four days of 'not much' ahead. Busted out 'the boys' after their months of self isolation.

The BR Tanker needed some 'air' time. WWII Impressions trousers, original 15 x 33 OD wool shirt BR Tanker and MASH Co A-3 cap. ATF N-1 shoes (shhhhh).

View attachment 34901View attachment 34902

And the French GCMA on 'le' right.
That’s a cool display, I was checking tanker jackets last week and this one with art looks amazing! Congrats!

Micawber

Tell you what I noticed about that B-10, something that you may notice in my photos, the sleeve lining is somewhat too long which causes it to bunch up around the lower portion of the shell and cuff when worn. I'm going to pull the lining up from the cuffs and put a couple of tack stiches in at the elbow to suspend it at that point.

Edited to add a couple of loose suspension stitches at each inner elbow did the trick. No more saggy bottom sleeves

Last edited:

Wholenineyards

I was out in the vinyards this morning, it's bud break time and there's need for vine training. Returning for lunch I found an old friend stowed away in the old travel bag. A Gibson&Barnes M-422A I got off the sales rack years ago, hence the WW2 VF-3 FELIX patch with the nametag of Major Floyd B. Parks, USMC, VMF 221, of Battle for Midway distinction. None of my doing, but I will not bother to change it. Underneath an even older sweatshirt from when Miramar was still (I mean intermittently) a Naval Air Station. Gloves are ELC Navy Flyers Gloves.
20200413_141314.jpg

20200413_141343.jpg

20200413_141754.jpg

20200413_142003.jpg20200413_102531.jpg

Last edited: