• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

KissMyMuscle

Yes, Battered Tan Horsehide (should have come up with a better name in the first place) we've been having this leather made for around 8 years now, every delivery seems to be different, often mismatched, odd graining, etc due to the unique tanning method used.
Over the years we've gathered up a lot of offcuts, part hides etc. Last time I was at the factory I filled the boot of my old Range Rover with a few hundred foot of the off cuts and I've been using them to make first samples.
There is quite a pull up to the leather (lots of oils in the tanning) so occasionally one panel will lighten up more than the rest of the jacket during make up. turning through/closing etc mainly
I've worked out how to do a Period Correct closing technique that removes most of the crushing of the jacket at this stage so the jackets should look genuinely used but not mismatched.
We are planning a range of 30s Civvy jackets when we are back at work to use up the rest of the part cut hides
Can't use the new closing technique on Bike Jackets though, hence the very pale panel on the front on the one in the pic. :( Could be darkened down easily with boot polish however
How about the Battered seal Horsehide? Is it the same story as Battered Tan? Will aero produce more 30s Civvy jackets by using both battered tan and battered seal?

Smithy

Can other's who like beer join the mission...:D

Chris, when we eventually come through this I really hope all of us here can meet up somewhere in a nice cosy pub. I've got loads of family and friends in the UK and we were planning a trip to Britain this summer before this crap hit. When this nonsense ends and I get back over there, we should organise a big hook up. I will happily shout a round for all my mates, and you can hold me to that :)

Take care guys, wash your hands and don't pick your nose!

Ken at Aero Leather

How about the Battered seal Horsehide? Is it the same story as Battered Tan? Will aero produce more 30s Civvy jackets by using both battered tan and battered seal?

Yes, several 30s Civvy jackets planned
The Seal doesn't change colour nearly so drastically duriing make up, nor during normal wear,m no idea why?

Attachments

• Aero WorkCoat 001.JPG
    Aero WorkCoat 001.JPG
    458.3 KB · Views: 165

Wholenineyards

The Sunday. As expected the same setting... this is the RMC Zielinski Co. 37J1B in a size 46. The arms for me were abnormally long and I had to take off a good 1 1/2 inches. And there's still plenty of length left. Work was done by San Diego Leather Jacket Factory on National City Blvd. They did a rad job on the Name Tag, too, but I misplaced it too far to the outside of the jacket to have it flush with the USN. It's tolerable but I should have positioned it more towards to zipper. Oh well, a less than perfect World. Too minor a problem to worry about. Hey, anybody spying Venus and its travel through the Plejades these days? Aren't we all astronauts on space ship Earth?
20200405_130114.jpg

The Top picture is overlayed with a Filter called "automatic(?)", the following no filter. Don't know which represents the colour best.
20200404_142909.jpg

Have a great and safe Carl Sagan day (it's my science Sunday). Markus

Flightengineer

That's so cute Dmitry, it made my heart sing :)

Tim, she loves my jackets :). Unlike my eldest son she is an absolutely aviation child, as I have said here more than once, so I allow her to take jackets and wear at home time to time if she ask. She believes that they smell not me only but also sky and planes, although these leather jackets very rarely flew in real. I promised her when she stopped grow to order for her A2 or Amelia's jacket. Hope one day I'll do it.

Smithy

That's sweet my friend. You'll get to do it. They grow like beanstalks!

And like we've spoken about previously, I hope you can come and visit. Your daughter is pretty much the same age as mine so they can play together whilst we talk planes!

Flightengineer

That's sweet my friend. You'll get to do it. They grow like beanstalks!

And like we've spoken about previously, I hope you can come and visit. Your daughter is pretty much the same age as mine so they can play together whilst we talk planes!

Thank you, I remember and appreciate your invitation, my friend, and hope when this craziness ends one day I'll be can advantage of your hospitality.