• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

tjoenn

I never have problems getting stuff via Amazon UK and this was the same. No tax whatsoever. I do buy a lot of books via them and never get hit with it.
Good for you, maybe I should buy one myself. May not last though as they change the rules again, I think it takes effect in April.

London Cabbie

I found that if you fold the scarf diagonally it looks like a granny scarf unless you’re into that sort of thing if you fold it horizontally you can turn it into some sort of Short scarf which looks like a cravat...
22C5908E-527D-4CE9-9E68-B70F9E9E0803.jpeg

Smithy

Good for you, maybe I should buy one myself. May not last though as they change the rules again, I think it takes effect in April.

I'll be really pissed off if I start getting stung with tax on book imports. I always liked that they seemed to be exempt - and in my mind should remain so.

There's a wargame that I really want to pick up but the only thing putting me off is the tax will probably be bloody awful for it. Problem is that I really want it!

tjoenn

I'll be really pissed off if I start getting stung with tax on book imports. I always liked that they seemed to be exempt - and in my mind should remain so.

There's a wargame that I really want to pick up but the only thing putting me off is the tax will probably be bloody awful for it. Problem is that I really want it!
Books will still be tax-free :)

Griffon_301

Well...I have found it offered at a German site selling board games for 55 euros... I could try and see how much it would cost getting it to Vienna and then forwarding it to you as a private parcel...should not cost a fortune....

Smithy

Well...I have found it offered at a German site selling board games for 55 euros... I could try and see how much it would cost getting it to Vienna and then forwarding it to you as a private parcel...should not cost a fortune....

Thank you so much mate, that is terribly kind!

It's actually on the Amazon UK site which means it might slip through tax free so I can get it from there. The problem is that I am also after the next expansion of GMT Games' "Wing Leader" series which is a game of tactical air combat during WWII. So I'm weighing up putting in the pre-order for the Wing Leader thing and dumping the Holland game on there to boot and saving on postage but getting hit with tax or just getting Holland through Amazon and crossing my fingers.

BTW anyone with an interest around here in the odd wargame should probably have a look at Wing Leader as it'll be right up their alley.

Thanks though Phil and I really appreciate the kind and generous offer.

Smithy

You're welcome :)
While browsing through that German site I saw those air combat games too, those look interesting...

They're awesome. I play them with a mate who is ex-British army and an expat here and my wargaming buddy when the weather gets dark and terrible. The two main sets are Wing Leader Victories and Wing Leader Supremacy all published by GMT Games. They are tactically very realistic, extremely well researched but most of all a lot of fun.

Griffon_301

I am currently trying to get back into flightsimming again a bit more and am in the process of adding the IL-2 BoX modules to my collection while having fun with my modded IL-2 1946 game as well...but I really might check out these board games...the idea behind them sound interesting

Smithy

I am currently trying to get back into flightsimming again a bit more and am in the process of adding the IL-2 BoX modules to my collection while having fun with my modded IL-2 1946 game as well...but I really might check out these board games...the idea behind them sound interesting

Haha, I flightsim also, a very patched up version of Battle of Britain Wings of Victory II - you won't get better AI anywhere in another game and IL2 46 which has been modded so I can do those massive 8th AF raids over Germany and all the resulting mayhem...

ausreenactor

Bought the brand new BR A-2 up to Brisbane after my last trip home. Pulled it on for another try. Bit more snug than the RW 23380. Kicking back in the ELC Monarch. Put them altogether to compare the hides...

20200227_204607.jpg
20200227_204612.jpg
20200227_204617.jpg
20200227_204643.jpg

Pretty lucky to get that last one. I am positive it was a good samaritan spreading Christmas cheer.

Imuricecreamman