• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

Yes, surprisingly on BR I’m a size 40 at least on nylon jackets like B-15, on cloth ones like the B-10 I need size 42. So complicated! :D

This old Buzz B-15C is exact copy (except one line in label) Monarch contract and has true proportions/measurements - I once saw measurements on the MASH website when they once sold the original. So you'll not be wrong with size.

petermack09

10E09F01-7C7D-4B2A-8E6D-CE83996A72A2.jpeg
B2C4935B-5032-4982-8503-12AD6236CB04.jpeg

Perfect day for this beauty:)

Last edited:

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

BR Nylons are a looser fit for some reason. Why i grabbed an L-2A in a 44 I will never know?
Totally agree, my first BR was a B-15C (mod) size 42 and was way longer than expected, then I got the L-2A and B-15C (mod) size 40 and they are perfect, finally I got a B-10 in 40 and it’s kinda tight (waiting to lose some more pounds to see if I keep it or move it).

busdrivermike

+3c today so I broke out my Taylor’s Chicago police jacket, as I went out looking at heavy duty sewing machines
I’m gonna Try wear the heck out of it for the next while, see if I can get the waist Band elastic to stretch more,
or see if I gotta get it removed, as you can see in the picks it basically vacuum seals making it look tight, yet
Look at the room I got in the third pic and I’m not pulling or sucking in more.
AB74A93A-B2D5-4C05-B669-9EB9AF3BB5B4.jpeg
957891BE-EF8A-41F4-966C-5DCDF4B78D74.jpeg
CB16F13D-0520-438E-97EC-F0FFC31CAAEA.jpeg

Micawber

Does anyone outside of my immediate circle really care what jacket some old bloke out in the Norfolk countryside (ie me) chooses to wear on a day to day basis?

I mean really?

;);):D

Ok, not wearing anything worthy of this esteemed forum but rather repairing....
20200221_120247.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

Does anyone outside of my immediate circle really care what jacket some old bloke out in the Norfolk countryside (ie me) chooses to wear on a day to day basis?

I mean really?

;);):D

Probably not Steve but then again in all likelihood 100% of stuff on this forum is completely pointless, meaningless and doesn't have anything to do with what's actually really important to people's lives.

But then jackets, WWII history et al are merely a diversion, an interest, a hobby and give pleasure and enjoyment to us so posting trivialities is kind of what a forum like this that deals with trivialities is all about ;)

Lorenzo_l

Probably not Steve but then again in all likelihood 100% of stuff on this forum is completely pointless, meaningless and doesn't have anything to do with what's actually really important to people's lives.

But then jackets, WWII history et al are merely a diversion, an interest, a hobby and give pleasure and enjoyment to us so posting trivialities is kind of what a forum like this that deals with trivialities is all about ;)

Never better said, Tim.....

Micawber

WW2 is a bit more than a diversion to me Tim as I'm sure it is for you too but this business of posting selfies wearing the same garments over and over then over again ‐ hmmmm.
;)

Smithy

WW2 is a bit more than a diversion to me Tim as I'm sure it is for you too but this business of posting selfies wearing the same garments over and over then over again ‐ hmmmm.
;)

You can argue though that ultimately the past isn't really important, well yes from the perspective of mankind's collective consciousness and learning from it but for the individual it isn't of existential importance.

Don't get me wrong I'm hugely passionate about WWII as you know and especially the memory of those who served and my family members who did so, but I can still remove that emotional attachment to it if I really think about it. As a human being it still comes much further down the list of absolute importance compared to certain more crucially imperative things relating to our survival and everyday lives and happiness.

Brettafett

Personally, I like seeing what other guys are wearing.
When I was still unsure of fit and sizing, I'd wish there were more fit pics to gauge by. I think its helpful to see how a jacket you're potentially interested in, may/ could/ should fit.
Especially when the wearer is close to your size.
Edit: Also, how a jacket ages and/ or develops character over time and wears in. Some may find it helpful.
If it bothers you so, stop looking lol ;)