• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Before everybody gets the idea that I get paid to wear the FS Doniger so often...here's something different:

My GW Dubow 20960:

GW_Dubow.jpg

GW_Dubow_2.jpg

Brettafett

Grabbed the AVI A-2 today. This is the 2019 version (currently still on website). Very light and comfortable A-2. I had the slightly darker seal knit, replaced with seal knit from MASH.
Byson UK did the work, which was… ok.
I don’t think this version is as Bronco-esque as the V1 and V2 jackets, but its my favourite. So easy to wear.
AVI_A2_V2019_2020.jpg

Last edited:

ties70

@ties70 If I'm was you, I would wear this jacket only (no FS ;))

Although for creativity and patches... GW would be a of course a pity to spoil.

But the Doniger is so much more comfortable ;)

Honestly, this GW is absolutely fantastic, no doubt about that...but if I was looking for a high-end repro again, I would go for a contract with rotated / set-in sleeves. The GW is for show, the FS for comfort!

Ties

Serghei87

Grabbed the AVI A-2 today. This is the 2019 version (currently still on website). Very light and comfortable A-2. I had the seal knit replaced with mid brown knit from MASH. Byson UK did the work, which was… ok.
I don’t think this version is as Bronco-esque as the V1 and V2 jackets, but its my favourite. So easy to wear.
View attachment 32182
Can you share the link of the mid brown from Mash? I could not find it on their website

Flightengineer

But the Doniger is so much more comfortable ;)

Honestly, this GW is absolutely fantastic, no doubt about that...but if I was looking for a high-end repro again, I would go for a contract with rotated / set-in sleeves. The GW is for show, the FS for comfort!

Ties

Comfort is very strong argument, I agree.
It was because of the rotated sleeves that I chose my Star among the other ELC repro contracts and despite a fairly tight fit will allow hand movements in car and even with yoke (once I managed to fly in this jacket).

Brettafett

My mistake, they are the Seal - 95-07-4032 Cuff Knit & Waistband Set, Seal Brown, Repro.(M.O.C.)
The seal that comes with the jacket as standard, is a darker seal from Larry and flightjacketknits.