• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

At the gym sporting my heavy canvas “no name “ 37J1.
6B5DE48C-EA58-4B62-88DF-800A59FA65F2.jpeg
0A7FFEA8-8FB5-4889-8993-C03BA50A0E68.jpeg

ausreenactor

Come on Dave what you on about boi, there be no bloody rain here today ya daft bugga (can't insert a little winky face there for some reason so don't bite me bloody head orf!)

Lovely sunny but chilly day here at the arse end of beyond, just the weather to impress the one person I met walking her dog along the deserted Norfolk lanes. I clearly saw the wonderment in her eyes at the vision I presented togged up in the ELC B-15 and A-10 gloves while the little Hurricane engine in the 43 Jeep whisked me past at an eye watering 25mph. Next time I'll make sure not to forget to wear some trousers, socks and boots too.....

View attachment 31594

Jeep looks way more green and shiny than it is in what I like to call real life.

Colt .45? Great pic!

Wholenineyards

20200209_103807.jpg

A BR Deck Jacket in 42, with an old tired Cold War warrior beside me at closed Luftwaffe Air Base Fürstenfeldbruck in Bavaria. USAFE SKYBLAZERS might have formed here. The failed hostage liberation in conjunction with the 1972 Olympic Games terror act took place at this very spot and prompted the establishment of GSG 9.

newagegeezer

I was in Tromso (350 miles inside Arctic circle) from Weds to Sat , went to see snow (it's been like late Spring in London UK since Xmas) hoping for Arctic weather as when I was there about 7 or 8 years back but found it much like UK... went dog sledding Fri nite, time before when I did it it was -28C, this time was 2 above freezing, luckily dry as it started to rain on coach back to Tromso , didn't take any flying stuff just a down puffer jacket but hardly needed it, would have been fine in an A2 and jumper... global warming indeed !

Attachments

• DSCN3653.JPG
    DSCN3653.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 179

Smithy

I was in Tromso (350 miles inside Arctic circle) from Weds to Sat , went to see snow (it's been like late Spring in London UK since Xmas) hoping for Arctic weather as when I was there about 7 or 8 years back but found it much like UK... went dog sledding Fri nite, time before when I did it it was -28C, this time was 2 above freezing, luckily dry as it started to rain on coach back to Tromso , didn't take any flying stuff just a down puffer jacket but hardly needed it, would have been fine in an A2 and jumper... global warming indeed !

It's been a very mild winter in Northern Norway. I'm in Nordland county so south of where you were but still inside the Arctic Circle and it's been remarkably mild. Saying that it'll probably drop like a stone and snow non stop up until May!

Might just be the photo, but you bear an uncanny resemblance to Richard E Grant!

Pilot

View attachment 31636
A BR Deck Jacket in 42, with an old tired Cold War warrior beside me at closed Luftwaffe Air Base Fürstenfeldbruck in Bavaria. USAFE SKYBLAZERS might have formed here. The failed hostage liberation in conjunction with the 1972 Olympic Games terror act took place at this very spot and prompted the establishment of GSG 9.
Was stationed there in „ dem blauen Palais“
( blue palace) for a while...
Had a few rides in the JaboG49 Alpha‘s
image.jpg

Smithy

. I love it. I was there 1989, later I went FLY NAVY and never regretted it. I still go anually for the Medical. The base is so deserted, it's depressing.
View attachment 31654View attachment 31655

There's something terribly melancholic about forgotten airbases. The silent buildings, and the weeds growing in the cracks in the tarmac and all the rest of it.

Philip Kaplan has captured it brilliantly in some of his books on WWII aerodromes and airfields used by the RAF and USAAF.

Smithy

Apart from taking the rubbish out I haven't set foot outdoors all day so a jacket free day. Weather forecast bodes well for the Irvin tomorrow so I'm a happy chappy.

Wholenineyards

There's something terribly melancholic about forgotten airbases. The silent buildings, and the weeds growing in the cracks in the tarmac and all the rest of it.

Philip Kaplan has captured it brilliantly in some of his books on WWII aerodromes and airfields used by the RAF and USAAF.
Today I felt like Harvey Stovall in Archbury. Including dry leaves gingerly tumbling by...

petermack09

FF15DD49-662D-474D-8074-7850B47E8D6B.jpeg
image.jpg
878E3381-4F3A-46DD-8B82-C8BEB5813203.png

Love this , love the collar,,doesn’t feel like I’m wearing a suit of armour,not so sure about the hookless zip though.this jacket was clearly unworn so hopefully it will get easier with use,have used zip lube and it’s running smoother I’m just being doubly careful getting it properly connected.chuffed to bits .
And perfect for this weather that’s just started,,ffs

Last edited: