• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

After a few weeks near -30 C it’s finally up to a balmy +1 C and is nice enough to wear my new 69 dated G1.
Excuse the photo as I had to do a selfie

L7rOIDsm.jpg

Smithy

Bloody cold and strong wind here and -4, wore the Irvin but my arse froze so back in a parka. At least we can see the sun again!

Griffon_301

ELC G-1 yesterday as it is starting to get warm again. From the predicted temperatures it seems I can either unpack the 37J1 again or take the L-2B as we are expecting near to 15°C by tomorrow...
Today I opted for my A-2 but no pictures taken as the lift was crowded with flight attendants...

Attachments

• 20200131_140240.jpg
    20200131_140240.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 277

Lord Flashheart

In a rash moment before Christmas I ordered an ELC Star Sportswear. Ok ok common sense may have gone out of the window but I managed to persuade myself it was a good idea at the time.

Should I ask about fit or just say "it's arrived" and the panel here will do the rest?

First impressions are I like it. Thankfully ...

Attachments

• IMG_6044.jpeg
    IMG_6044.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0523.jpeg
    IMG_0523.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 215

jeremiah

While it might have been a rash decision at the time, I think you will ultimately reflect on it as a good decision one day. Fit is good for a new ELC in my mind because I have seen no other leather shrink up as much as ELC warhorse. Through wear.
so that will mold nicely in time. Wear the piss out of it.

Micawber

In a rash moment before Christmas I ordered an ELC Star Sportswear. Ok ok common sense may have gone out of the window but I managed to persuade myself it was a good idea at the time.

Should I ask about fit or just say "it's arrived" and the panel here will do the rest?

Good on you. Fit, oh no, you don't want to open up that can of worms matey as you'll be subject to more pernickety opinions, speculation and going off on tangents than is good for any sane individual ;)

Lord Flashheart

Thanks Guys - All good advice there. Seems a comfortable enough jacket to me so it can join me on a night down the pub with my mates tonight. That should at least help remove the anxious look on my face from the bill even if it's not giving it a bashing !

Micawber

Thanks Guys - All good advice there. Seems a comfortable enough jacket to me so it can join me on a night down the pub with my mates tonight. That should at least help remove the anxious look on my face from the bill even if it's not giving it a bashing !

Yes I think you can wear that with pride down the local tonight, a pint or two of Old Peculiar will be sure to ease any pains in the wallet.

You did mean bill as in money and not the Old Bill as in a night in the cells for being drunk in charge of a new jacket? ;)

Flightengineer

Great choice! Don't regret about money, enjoy the jacket. I'm happy with my Star for 2 years now and it is getting better every year like old wine.

Lord Flashheart

Thanks Micawber. Unfortunately Lady Luck has swung away from me and it's suddenly become my turn to ferry my friends to the pub. They'll have to put up with my creaking and grinning in my shiny new A2. I don't think that's an Offence (yet). And they'll have to put up with or walk home :)

Lord Flashheart

Great choice! Don't regret about money, enjoy the jacket. I'm happy with my Star for 2 years now and it is getting better every year like old wine.
Thanks Flightengineer, I'd seen a few pics of yours here and liked the look of the Star though I was a bit worried it might be a bit snug. I still don't quite know what "trim" really means (I thought that's how you ensure stable flight ...)
Now I just need to get on and wear it !

Flightengineer

Thanks Flightengineer, I'd seen a few pics of yours here and liked the look of the Star though I was a bit worried it might be a bit snug. I still don't quite know what "trim" really means (I thought that's how you ensure stable flight ...)
Now I just need to get on and wear it !

I think someone used the word "trim" as meaning the fit of this Starsportswear contract as more slimmer fit as other. And of course you are absolutly right - the trim in aviation use to removes the load from the control of the aircraft by adjusting the aerodynamic forces on the control surfaces.