• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pilot

The recent versions are by far not as nice... by all means... fleece, quality and comfort of wearing... Tried in the local Korean agent‘s outlet...hmmm...:confused:

Smithy

Got back from up in the mountains. A nice, crisp -8 to -10, loads of snow, 1 to 2 metres (spent 2 hours shovelling snow round about and out to the outdoor dunny). Very much thermals, wool and parka weather. Apologies for no photo of the parka but with surroundings like this who wants to look at a stupid parka? ;-)

PnlLqMa.jpg

Fjbu9i8.jpg

Griffon_301

Re ANJ-4....would be interesting how their new Poughkeepsie version compares with their house version...and how Aero ANJ-4s again compare to the ELC ANJ-4s....

Griffon_301

Further on the ANJ-4 from ELC...I was trying one at Duxford 5 years ago IIRC as I was in for a new shearling back then. The jacket I tried (the only one they had at their stall) in size 44 felt like armor, very stiff and I did not like the overall feeling in it...I went for a Irvin and have not regretted the decision ever since...but still, if I ever get across a good ANJ-4 or even better a M-444 or 445, I might be tempted...I was even looking for a W&G Navy shearling in my size recently, but that's a different story....

petermack09

It sees to be slightly longer,,sits at 26in from bottom of the collar,,perfect length for me ,it wears great on and of the bike,plus it’s a jacket you can actually sit in without it pushing up over your ears,,not a good look :)

Smithy

Brass monkeys here, -6 and a very strong wind so minus a lot with windchill. I was a big girl's blouse and used a Canada Goose parka today which was a pitiful 2.5 on the Swishometer but did mean that none of my bits and pieces fell off from the cold.

Brettafett

Tough one.
I recon my two BKs take the top spot, followed very closely by Platon's jacket.
Personally prefer the seal/ mid brown knit combo the most.
Of the two BKs, both fit perfectly, although the Dubow has a touch more room.
I like the simple collar of the Dubow, but the RW is a classic.
Left to right - Platon's Dubow, BK Dubow 27798 and BK Roughwear 23380
A-2 Jacket comps.jpg

Last edited:

A2 B3au

Tough one.
Of the two BKs, both fit perfectly, although the Dubow has a touch more room.its like choosing which child at times
View attachment 31130

A2 B3au

Tough one.
Of the two BKs, both fit perfectly, although the Dubow has a touch more room.in those pics me and my bro reckon the Platon wins... I do struggle deciding which of mine I prefer, it’s like choosing which child u prefer
View attachment 31130