• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

Thank you Thomas :) The G-1 really is a very smart looking jacket, one of the reasons my spouse bought it as a birthday for me some years ago-she said "if it has to be a flightjacket, it must be a good looking one..." Strangely she doesn't like the A-2 that much...

A2 B3au

Eastman roughwear
7AD033A8-6017-4912-81A7-9F3DB12FF2BF.jpeg

newagegeezer

That's because he's pissed Jay. Look at the expression on his face. He could be wearing a Richard Simmons workout mankini and still be none the wiser. Lesson for all the kids here mind the sauce and mind the weathering!
Glad my photo brought a bit of a laugh to the forum ,we need a few laughs in January, been enjoying the posts.
with ref to the weight of the barnstormer coat, it's a bright sunny freezing morning in London so thought I'd dig out my old 1930s/40s long grey leather coat I bought from a Frankfurt flea market back in the late '70s when I lived there for a year..... this one is heavy ! Not sure if it's military or civilian, has a buttoned side fastening, unfortunately has lost its belt buckle

Attachments

• IMG_3696.JPG
    IMG_3696.JPG
    874.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3696.JPG
    IMG_3696.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 116

ties70

Art,

which model are they?

I got my first pair last week and decided to get the UB 101's.... They are called "skinny", which they are definitely not...

I should have gotten the UB 401 "Tight", as they are closer to my GAP selvedge jeans, but they didn't have my size...got them from Cultizm, by the way.

A2 B3au

Art,

which model are they?

I got my first pair last week and decided to get the UB 101's.... They are called "skinny", which they are definitely not...
Your right mine are the 101s skinny’s 14.5 oz and although my legs are twigs they fit more like regular. Mine have faded pretty well I’ll post a pic later
I should have gotten the UB 401 "Tight", as they are closer to my GAP selvedge jeans, but they didn't have my size...got them from Cultizm, by the way.

Micawber

Glad my photo brought a bit of a laugh to the forum ,we need a few laughs in January, been enjoying the posts.
with ref to the weight of the barnstormer coat, it's a bright sunny freezing morning in London so thought I'd dig out my old 1930s/40s long grey leather coat I bought from a Frankfurt flea market back in the late '70s when I lived there for a year..... this one is heavy ! Not sure if it's military or civilian, has a buttoned side fastening, unfortunately has lost its belt buckle

So that's where you've been hiding all these years Herr Otto Flick!!! ;)

ties70

Cocker,

I have the thinner corduroy CPO shirt from PB and it's a decent shirt...it's just not a proper CPO shirt.

The one in my photo is from Fidelity, and it's just awesome. A thick and robust wool / nylon blend, very warm and tremendously versatile: Works in winter, with shirt and wool vest, works on chilly late summer evenings, too.

I got something similar over christmas, made by a swedish company named Sarva. Same principle, but with side pockets:

Ties

Cocker

I have the thinner corduroy CPO shirt from PB and it's a decent shirt...it's just not a proper CPO shirt.

What's not "good" for a proper CPO shirt, except for the material? I also have a flannel one, but it's not the same at all as the wool one. Smaller buttons, shorter collar, etc etc... Pretty close to their Roamer but with 2 buttoned chest pockets. Still a pretty good shirt, though.