• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Aero Barnstormer again today. I bloody love this jacket/coat and it just happens to be almost the most practical leather jacket I own. The CXL FQHH is also probably the most beautiful leather out of all my jackets.

xWuzGun.jpg

Officer Dibley

Aero Barnstormer again today. I bloody love this jacket/coat and it just happens to be almost the most practical leather jacket I own. The CXL FQHH is also probably the most beautiful leather out of all my jackets.

xWuzGun.jpg

Must weigh more than you do !
Have had 8 or so Aero FQHH , they all stood up on their own, were too heavy and bulky for my personal tastes so i applaud (& envy) anyone who can get on with them . Took me many years & a lot of dosh before i gave up on them .

Smithy

Must weigh more than you do !
Have had 8 or so Aero FQHH , they all stood up on their own, were too heavy and bulky for my personal tastes so i applaud (& envy) anyone who can get on with them . Took me many years & a lot of dosh before i gave up on them .

I actually haven't had any bother with it whatsoever. Never troubled me and it's also softened up over the years as well. They're great jackets and the leather is just stunning.

Smithy

You are physically much stronger than i.

I'm not sure it's a strength thing, I actually think it might be more important with FQHH to have a very good fit. With that I mean with lighter leathers you can get away a little more with a not absolutely spot on fit, with FQHH I don't think there's the same leeway, because of the heft of the leather, if the sizing is slightly out or not nearly spot on, it's far more noticeable and potentially uncomfortable.

My Barnstormer is a heavy jacket no doubt but for all of that it's really very comfortable to wear. I've had it since 2013 so it's nice and broken in which obviously helps.

Not a recent fit pic but this is when I got it back in 2013, worn over an old rugby jersey...

sxyeoM5.png

Thomas Koehle

I'm not sure it's a strength thing, I actually think it might be more important with FQHH to have a very good fit. With that I mean with lighter leathers you can get away a little more with a not absolutely spot on fit, with FQHH I don't think there's the same leeway, because of the heft of the leather, if the sizing is slightly out or not nearly spot on, it's far more noticeable and potentially uncomfortable.

My Barnstormer is a heavy jacket no doubt but for all of that it's really very comfortable to wear. I've had it since 2013 so it's nice and broken in which obviously helps.

Not a recent fit pic but this is when I got it back in 2013, worn over an old rugby jersey...

sxyeoM5.png

WOW!

What an awesome jacket!

Fit is perfect as is the jacket itself. They simply do cool stuff over there in Galashiels

Thomas Koehle

No leather today but a BRONSON 37J1 which was stencilled for me by Ties (yeah you don't see it coz it is on the backside) ...

BRONSON Chambray underneath combined with LEVIS 501 and "Mark and Hamilton" shoes

o5sZYum.jpg

dmDYC1u.jpg

The "grin" is just from lookin' forward to piss people off again askin' "Why do you wear a tie?"

Simple reason: since the most topp-Manager in Germany decided to get to be a bit more informal and no longer wear 'em and since almost every "wanna-be Manager" also stopped "tie-ing up" i digged mine out and brought them back to live

"Never follow the herd!"

Wish ya all a nice start into the new week gents!

Smithy

I don't think this is an ELC hide...IMHO that's one of the rather widespread "Mother Nature Inc. MFG" hides, in a "naturally aged" finish... The wearer seems to be quite happy with it... :D

No, no definitely ELC. Cost the poor bugger £2,500 + VAT and that's why he's got the vapours and collapsed in a heap. Once again the knits aren't very convincing and typically ELC being too tight in the sleeves/flippers.

Griffon_301

You think so? I am just trying to imagine this guy making his way into the ELC popup and asking Rob or Gary for a new seal hide as they had overdone the time-worn effect on his... :D