• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

Rather cold and slightly drizzly here so went for the B-6 as the missus wants to go shopping a little...
The B-6 is the best for staying warm outside while not getting overly heated up inside the shops :D

Attachments

• 20200117_151129.jpg
    20200117_151129.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 121

CBI

that Eastman looks great - congrats!

Just me but I have owned a number of A-2's with the rust knits but at the end of the day, prefer browns. The red just pop too much IMO

Pilot

Breaking News!!

I have just purchased my second Eastman jacket! Haha
I bought it from Ebay Germany.

It is the contract 2337 and 1940 model cut in dark seal he said. Any opinions on this model from ELC??
Needs the knits replaced. And it has the name tag removed but i will cover it with the patch i got from Sean Collins.

I was thinking to put RED knits. What do you think? To look like the a2 50cal.

The best thing is the price i paid: 350€ with shipping included

View attachment 30642View attachment 30643View attachment 30644View attachment 30645IView attachment 30649View attachment 30650View attachment 30646View attachment 30648View attachment 30647
These older ELC-A-2’s especially their seal HH, even if not so grainy, once aging, look much more WW2 like than their newer versions.
Also, they really get patina and dont give way to pink or orange undertones.They age very realistically.

Serghei87

The only thing that really makes our jackets look better is wear and tear... ;)
I agree on that :) visually the jacket already looks great for me...but i always wanted to add some nice nose art. Therefore, i want to start this project with this jacket as i didnt pay much as well. I would not do nose art on the 23rd Fighter Grp i got for example

Serghei87

Which is already patched, isn’t it ?

what art did you plan ? Just a chest patch or art back ?
FOr the patch i will use the one i got from Sean. See below the photo.
Then i want to check with Anne from Netherlands (found her on facebook and her prices are very good and i think she does a pretty good job) to paint something but i am still not sure what exactly. Probably a bomber plane dropping some bombs

I would like to find some nice photos of back art to get inspiration. Have to investigate a bit.

I also wanna paint some little bombs on the right chest in yellow.

Maybe a bit too much for some of you . But that is how i always imagined my customed jacket and would like to see how it will end up looking :)

4D6E294E-ACA6-46F4-97ED-EAAFFAC284DF.png

Saint-ex

ok, big project.

Just a note, I find it strange to put on a patch of fighter squadron and paint bombs and a bomber. ;)

Why not find a nose art from a fighter.

Maybe I am too rigid on the historical coherence, but I find it a shame to mix.

Serghei87

ok, big project.

Just a note, I find it strange to put on a patch of fighter squadron and paint bombs and a bomber. ;)

Why not find a nose art from a fighter.

Maybe I am too rigid on the historical coherence, but I find it a shame to mix.
Good point actually! Did not realize the mix i was doing. Thanks for the input!

If you have some suggestion for a fighter paint back, please share with me by message. I would be thankful

Or i will get a Bombardment Squadron patch instead cause i do love those bombs on the right side chest :)

Last edited: