• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
I would think that the leather gets treated so heavily before the jacket is sewn together...

Does anybody have other ideas?! Hot water treatment? Chemicals? Some kind of heating / cooling process?
Ties, I dare to assume that any special chemicals were used over there with that leather, HWT results usually look a bit different.
And almost evidently it was redyed by hand with a darker color paint, then washed up to remove most of fresh dark dye from the surface, just to leave dark paint only in wrinkles.
Nice looking timeworn though.

Last edited:

jeremiah

Is there a way to make the leather get these wrinkles?

I just love the jackets with lots of wrinkles like this one from ELC

View attachment 28369

There really isn’t a way to increase wrinkles like this. At least a way to make it look normal and authentic like above. This was how the hide was. If it’s not there you really can’t make it look like that.
You can add creases through working the leather but creases are different from wrinkles and grain.
Grain can pop out more via time and wear or you can use HWT to get it going a little quicker.
Example is my jacket above. Those wrinkles aren’t from use. It’s how the hide was.

Lord Flashheart

First time I've tried to post a pic. Eastman G1 today

Dubpynchon

Buzz Rickson N-1. The alpaca is surprisingly soft on this, I could probably wear it with a t-shirt. I had an Eastman B-10 once that I had to sell because it was so itchy. I'm kind of thinking I should have ordered the heavier Demotex version, but I've heard it can be itchier than the standard, so I'll stick with this one.

Technonut2112

Nice, mild December morning to wear my Platon Dubow... I absolutely LOVE this jacket, and can't wait to save-up for another in russet. For some reason, my camera was set to take 5 pics at a time or so like a photo-shoot. Ended-up with some good angles showing the jacket:

DSCF0857.JPG

DSCF0861.JPG

DSCF0862.JPG

DSCF0875.JPG

DSCF0874.JPG

DSCF0873.JPG

DSCF0870.JPG

Last edited: