• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Grey, damp and miserable this afternoon ....the weather has been none to great either. Just before finishing up outside, and in the dusky gloom, I grabbed this shot ....I call it miserable old git in his ATF fleece lined tanker.....

IMG_20191203_154847262~2.jpg

CBI

woo hoo GW B-15. I was in the cue for one a few years back but ended up with a GW Tanker which I love. the ATF fleece pictured above also looks 10000% authentic in that pic!!!!

newagegeezer

good choice, sir,.... blatant ad now - selling one of mine on ebay , dated 1941,finishes tonight at 1900GMT if anyone wants/needs one
Cheers

Micawber

Did you pay any imports and nonsense bringing it in?

I bought two and was pleasantly surprised that they arrived on my doorstep without having to contribute to HMRC's coffers. Great methinks ....then a couple of weeks later an envelope demanding payment of import fees, VAT plus the stupid handling fee arrived ...so methinks bugger.

On the subject of the handling fee, I appreciate paying a fee to cover their costs of checking the label and applying yet more fees - money for old rope!

newagegeezer

another lovely bright sunny but coldish day here in London so thought I'd get out another old jacket to go for a walk in and to pick your brains about.... when I bought it donkey's years ago I thought it was an M41, it's in OD cotton twill/gaberdine with dark brown wool lining, but then realised it didn't have epaulettes and I can't see any evidence of ever being any. So then I thought it was maybe a navy N4 version that didn't have epaulettes, but it doesn't look like that either as it has buckle cinches at waist and sleeves. It has a tabbed button closure for collar. Just been looking around i/net but can't see anything resembling it , not an M38 or navy A-2 , seems to be a mix of all of 'em. hopefully it's obvious to you guys...

Attachments

• IMG_3381.JPG
    IMG_3381.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 197