• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Artie

Wow Thomas this whole getup just looks awesome!
today is B3 weather ...

84zjziS.jpg

ELC CAL50 along with PikeBrothers pants and Redwings

wish ya all a good start into the new week

Smithy

That's a good looking parka Ties. Although warm, some can look pretty shapeless like you're wearing an over sized sleeping bag but that's not bad at all.

Horrible here, 0 degrees, freezing rain/sleet/snow/hail. Parka here too.

Oh and meetings are the modern curse of the working class ;-)

newagegeezer

lovely sunny but coldish day here in E. London, was going to go out in an old Pendleton, but having just read yesterday's posts on big collars thought I'd give an outing to an old U.S. police jacket that I used to wear on the bikes. It certainly has big collar points. Probably 40/50s ?? no label , corduroy insert at back of collar... any ideas anyone ??
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 183

Silver Surfer

police-state trooper as seen by the badge placket on the chest.early 1950s would be my guess,, as bigger collars were s slight mod change from the 40s, and button cuffs were a hold over from the 40s..

newagegeezer

Thanks a lot... this forum has been a great inspiration (joined in 2017, but never seemed to have time to get involved) for me to dig out my old gear which I had sadly forgotten for quite a while, at (a very young thinking and fit) 70 year old (but 25 mentally) it's given me a new lease of life !
cheers