• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

"Shoniger" A-2, Gap denim, Seamaster, handmade cotton scarf, RB glasses, breakfast roll...

Cogerrunt

I'll probably get run off the forum for this but I have to say that my Missus gets a bit iffy when I ask her to take a photo of me so that I can post it up on an online forum for other guys to critique which goes some way to explain why I don't make a habit of doing so. I'll probably also get chastised for not appearing clad in this or that flight jacket. What the hell.

We had lunch and did a bit of shopping at our local distillery today which provided the cue for a photo op beside my latest batch of something good .

Barbour Solway Zipper wax jacket & thermal shirt, Ratcatcher moleskins, Hoggs brogues and Mk1 "mess with my booze at your peril" face.

Ok, it's a joke so irate rants not required, but feel free if you must :)

View attachment 25563
I've got a few solway zippers..all have top patch pockets no hand warmer and belts. Yours looks different?

Smithy

Not as cold as the last few days and not nearly as much wind which helps so I could ditch the parka and drag out the old ELC Irvin today. I'd post a pic but everyone here has seen it more times than you could shake a stick at.

zoomer

Experimenting with the re-speced Cockpit 37J1 as an underlayer.
Here it is with the Headwind cape A-1 with converted "Admiral" collar.

Conditions: brisk 45min walk, upper 20s, light wind chill. Stayed decently warm without overheating at all.
2 sets of knits seal in body heat quite nicely during exertion. Pull them down fully to avoid bunching.
The scarf is 2 ply silk and added just enough warmth as well as a bit of dash.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

View attachment 27006

Conditions: brisk 45min walk, upper 20s, light wind chill. Stayed decently warm without overheating at all.
2 sets of knits seal in body heat quite nicely during exertion. Pull them down fully to avoid bunching.

View attachment 27009

Great jacket and it's always nice to see smiling man.

Smithy

View attachment 27006

View attachment 27009

Nice looking pair of strides too!

ausreenactor

Vic's ELC Monarch has been worn nightly, as opposed daily, for the last few months. Starting to break in nicely and it is fitting like a glove. Lovin' it!

Thomas Koehle

View attachment 27006

View attachment 27009

You look absolutely handsome