• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

petermack09

Now that I’m able to talk with friends in the U.K. , I have to ask, was Lucas Electrical the only company that made electrical systems for British vehicles and bikes during the 50s thru the 70s or were they just the best company making them at that time ?
I’m trying to remember who supplied the parts for the Royal Mail bantams in the 70s,,I was a telegram delivery boy when I was 16,,will try lookout a pic ,,happiest days of my long service

Cocker

My Five Star G-1 gathered lots of attention at Melun Airshow this week-end. At least 5 different people asked me the reference of the maker.

69773702-2211153845662620-7816038861728907264-n.jpg

Silver Surfer

ahhhhh, yes, lucas, the lord of darkness. i remember it well. some of the one offs way back in the day, like tvr, and a few other woud get some of their lectric stuff from opal, vw, and even from some italian suppliers. dampness, shorts, mice in the wiring harness, finicky fuel pumps, wipers that worked, and the didnt in the pouring rain, and, and, and, and such was the way with the lord of darkness, lord lucas.

Last edited: